Thread: Daphne Greengrass

Hybrid View

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Daphne Greengrass

I am trying to develop the character of Astoria Greengrass, and I see her as being close to her older sister, so I'm starting a thread for Daphne as well.

We never hear anything about the Greengrass family being involved with the Death Eaters. Where do you think the family sttod during the war?

Could Daphne have been one of those mysterious Slytherins who returned to fight in the Battle of Hogwarts?

What do you think her relationship was like with her little sister? With the other Slytherins?

What do you see her as being like personality-wise?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Kristen Floss
    Interesting thread

We never hear anything about the Greengrass family being involved with the Death Eaters. Where do you think the family sttod during the war?

I think they were like Sirius' parents-- they agreed with the Death Eaters, but they weren't Death Eaters themselves. I don't think they'd be neutral or all for Muggle rights, but I don't see them as actively fighting for blood purity either.

Could Daphne have been one of those mysterious Slytherins who returned to fight in the Battle of Hogwarts?

I can't really see it, somehow.

What do you think her relationship was like with her little sister? With the other Slytherins?

I think they would have got on well, especially if they were in the same house. I think with the other Slyths, she would have been just one of the girls.

What do you see her as being like personality-wise?

We know she has Slyth traits, so cunning and ambitious. Probably a little bit**y at times and sly.

Hope I helped!

Kristen xD

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Daphne strikes me as the type who would marry rich and never work again afterwards. But what subjects would she have been interested in in Hogwarts? Didn't HBP (my copy's packed away right now) say there were other Slytherin in class? If Harry didn't know her, would it have been possible that she was one of these unnamed students?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Azhure
    I've always seen Daphne as similar to Malfoy in a way. Brought up with wealth and the whole 'superior blood' ideal. I don't think that she would come back to fight in the final battle, she would save her own skin first, and then worry about the others.

As for if she was an unnamed Slytherin, it's definitely plausible. Like Malfoy, I've seen her as intelligent and willing to do whatever it takes to get her will done.

~~Azhure~~

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Well, because Daphne is such a minor character I think you can pretty much have free rein with her... she's barely mentioned in the series at all, and the only evidence we have that she's a Slyth at all is that rough, canonically-fraught sketch from Harry Potter and Me, which you'll all know is an interview that isn't considered canon. In my humble opinion, a name like Greengrass is altogether too pleasant to spell a family of pure-blood Slytherins. I think that Jo only drew her as a Slytherin to make up the numbers, there.

And no, I didn't know all that up off the top of my head, I just wrote a drabble about Astoria.

Basically, I think if you've got this little information about a character, you can just treat them as an OC. As long as you make sure she's in the Trio's year, then you can do whatever you please and it'll be canonically correct! Take the opportunity to be really creative with her, since you're not bound by half a million canon requirements. Think about it - if the Greengrasses are actually a mixed-blood family of Hufflepuffs, then it'll make for an even more interesting story that Draco ends up marrying one, eh?

~Phia

(Avvie and banner by me, quote from Fancy, by John Keats)

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I think there's a 'Greengrass' on the Black family tree.

I think you could assume that they certainly were a pure-blood family but it doesn't necessarily follow that they'd all be Slytherins.

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye