Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Astoria Malfoy (née Greengrass)

Fifth Year Slytherin
    What's With Mars?
    I've always pictured Astoria to be a Slytherin. After all, Sirius was just about the first wasn't he? Or something close to that. I agree with Molly that it is very cliche these days to put a Slytherin child into another house. If you were to, though, I think Ravenclaw (IMO) would be the best and probably only other option. Gryffindor is just.. Too contrasting to Slytherin. Sure, I think Gryffindor and Slytherin are probably the most similar houses, but it is the smallest differences, I think, that determine which house you are sorted into. Growing up in a Slytherin household would almost assure (with the exception of someone like Sirius) that you would behold similar values to them, at least when you are in school and when you are sorted. The Slytherin traits of cunning, sly, resourcefulness etc. Are probably traits that would be easily learnt at home.

Also, Hufflepuff from a Slytherin family? I really just don't see it.

So I think Ravenclaw would be your best option.

Wow, discussion of houses and house traits is a very important one to me. Sorry if I was repetititve above..

I picture her with brown hair and green eyes, I think. A slightly thin face, stern. I see her as being very nice and caring on the outside while having a bit of a temper sometimes, being slightly strict sometimes etc.

~ Annalise x

Ronnie, Lyss, Becca, Andi, you guys are amazing. <3

I'M BACK, BABY! *evil laugh*

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I recently read the transcript of an interview that JKR gave in 2008 and I discovered, much to my chagrin, that Astoria was two years younger than Daphne and Draco. She was a Slytherin too.

I say 'to my chagrin' because I've written her as much younger (9 years).

In my mind she's blonde with curly hair and blue eyes.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    And whenever she is blonde, people often compare her to Narcissa, which is somewhat creepy, so I usually also make a point to describe her with having green eyes, and signifigantly softer features that what Narcissa would have.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Astoria Greengrass
    Wow! I guess I'm the oddball here. In my mind she has long brown hair and dark brown eyes. I know that's kind of weird, since my Daphne has blonde hair and blue eyes... But then again, all of the Black sisters look different. In the movie Tom Felton's girlfriend Jade Olivia plays her, so she has brown hair and light green eyes. But she looks very different from my mental image. Oh well. They made Harry's eyes blue in the movie, so I guess it's okay.

I always pictured that Astoria was a Slytherin along with Daphne, but she wasn't in Pansy's gang. I think she'd be really sarcastic and aloof but that she'd care deeply for those that she really loves. For example: She and her sister are really different and don't get along, but at the same time Astoria is really protective of Daphne. Then they go back to bickering.

I'm a character writer, so I kind of have to figure out the psychology of my characters before the plot will take shape. I think Astoria would have to be strong in order to help Draco and keep up with him, but that she'd be just as weak in some areas. She's as proud as he is, slightly arrogent, and she is also very skeptical of love (in my story it's because Daphne is constantly being taken advantage of by boys because of her good looks). All the same, I think she and Draco (deeeeeeep down) really just want to be accepted for who they are and that's why they fall in love and need each other.

zazzy7

Astoria

I picture Astoria with blond hair and hazel eyes, because Scorpius has blond hair and blond hair is a recessive gene. She would be quite good-looking to catch Draco's eye.

Personality wise, I think she would act aloof and cold, especially to those that don't know her, but deep down have a good heart. Astoria would definitely be sarcastic and have a great sense of humor and wit.

lilyevansfan
    I've always thought of Astoria to have dark brown hair and I think...greenish-bluish eyes. I never thought of her as a blonde after I saw the pictures from the movie...I think Jade Olivia (or whatever her name is) is a perfect Astoria.

I think Astoria is like Narcissa in personality. Narcissa is protective of her family, and that's what I think Astoria is, and also cold to people she thinks are below her, but she is very nice and caring to Scorpius.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    But now that the DH picture are out, as well as the news that Astoria will be played by Jade Oliva, who has dark hair, most people will probably imagine her with dark hair, until J.K. comes out with a story that says otherwise.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    The Astoria I have written is blonde, younger than Draco, and has blue eyes. She's also snarky and loves winding up her in-laws.

As far as genetics goes, Narcissa has blonde hair, Bellatrix very dark hair and Andromeda brown hair. The Weasleys, incidentally, may all have red hair, but some have brown eyes, and some have blue.

Astoria, according to JKR was two years younger than Draco and in Slytherin. I found this out too late, and to me she's nine years younger ... ah well.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

AlexGinny1
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Yes, but her older sister is in Slytherin, and JK has mentioned in interviews that the Greengrass' are yet another old pureblood family. Keeping that in mind, Slytherin does seem like the most likely choice. And even after all that has happened with the war, I don't see Draco having changed so much that he marries the Greengrass-female semi-version of Sirius Black.

But, if you are to place Astoria in a House other than Slytherin, my advice would be to have it well planned out so that it seems believable. Because children from Slytherin families being placed in Houses other than Slytherin has become something of a cliche these days.
    I think I know what you mean :P Most People put Astoria as Slytherin or Ravenclaw. I think Astoria is a Ravenclaw who would be smallish in height with long dark brown hair (Like Maddeline Duggan or whatever her name is) who is abit of a book worm and really dislikes the whole house rivals thing, while Daphne is like one of Pansy's girly gang and she is tall with light blonde hair but gets it cut to a short feathered style in her 7th year with more blonde highlights who likes makeup and went out with Blasie and Zach Smith in her school years.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    On the subject of Astoria's looks, does anyone know if J.K. has ever said anything on the subject of her looks. Was Jade Olivia in line with how J.K. imagined her, or did she just get the job because she was Tom Felton's girlfriend, do you think? Because we're getting a lot of differing opinions on how she might look.

Brand New Story!