Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Astoria Malfoy (née Greengrass)

Hybrid View

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Astoria Malfoy (née Greengrass)

Astoria Malfoy: all we seem to know about her is that she marries Draco, is two years younger than him, is Scorpius' mother (and more than likely blonde), and that Daphne Greengrass is her sister.

I working on a story where she is introduced at roughly the age of sixteen/seventeen, but thus far, I have nothing. I would love it if people were to share some opinions and theories on her.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hi there

I don't have any reasoming for this but I picture Astoria as quite pretty and quiet.

. I think JK has said that having a son has changed Draco- well I think marrying Astoria probably has as well. I think we know she's pure-blood but we never heard anything remotely death-eatery connected to the Greengrass family and we didn't hear about Daphne doing anything bad at all either.

If she was in Slytherin then she'd have to have some of their characteristics but that doesn't mean she'd be awful. Ambitious- yes but maybe more for her husband and child and anyway is ambition such a bad quality?

I believe that Draco has softened and I strongly believe that his marriage and fatherhood have helped mould him.

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    I think JK has said that having a son has changed Draco- well I think marrying Astoria probably has as well. I think we know she's pure-blood but we never heard anything remotely death-eatery connected to the Greengrass family and we didn't hear about Daphne doing anything bad at all either.
    I also believe that J.K. said in an interview that even though she never wrote it into the book, some Slytherins did eventually come back to the school and fought against Voldemort. Do you think that Daphne (Astoria's older sister) could have been one of these Slytherins? If she possess enough sense of right and wrong to do this, what effect do you think it had on Astoria?

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    If she was in Slytherin then she'd have to have some of their characteristics but that doesn't mean she'd be awful. Ambitious- yes but maybe more for her husband and child and anyway is ambition such a bad quality?
    I don't think she had anything to do with the Deather Eaters, but I still see her as being a bit of an elitest (especially if she's a pureblood). She might have a distant polietness towards Muggles and Muggleborns, you know, in a "nice to meet you, please don't touch me" kind of way. I don't think she would use the word "Mudblood" casually, but definantly, if she were angry enough, she might.

Also, what kind of mother do you see her as? And her relationship with her olders sister? How do you think she got along with her in-laws (the Malfoys)?

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I also believe that J.K. said in an interview that even though she never wrote it into the book, some Slytherins did eventually come back to the school and fought against Voldemort. Do you think that Daphne (Astoria's older sister) could have been one of these Slytherins? If she possess enough sense of right and wrong to do this, what effect do you think it had on Astoria?
    I've never heard of this to be honest but I'd like to think it did happen. I'm fairly certain that Pansy would not have come back. I simply don't know enough about Daphne- I can't even remember which year she's in. If Daphne's of age then quite possibly she'd return. I think Astoria as a younger sister would be incredibly affected by this and it could shape all her future actions- for the good.

Also, what kind of mother do you see her as? And her relationship with her olders sister? How do you think she got along with her in-laws (the Malfoys)?
    I see her as a fiercely protective mother. It looks as though Scorpius is her only child so that's going to make her even more protective. Her relationship with Daphne could be complicated by the fact that Daphne was at school with Draco. Daphne may even have had a crush on him and for her younger sister to get there first- it could cause complications. Mind you Blaise Zabini was in the same class and from his description he's drop dead gorgeous so maybe Daphne preferred him

I think Lucius would have liked his daughter- in- law mainly because she's a pure blood but I get the feeling he looks down on women in general. I don't think Astoria would have liked Lucius though. I think she probably thinks he exerts too much influence over Draco. With Narcissa I do see rather a cliched Mother-in-law/daughter-in-law rivalry. I think it would soften over time and they'de band together to protect Draco and later Scorpius from anything.

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    What do you see her parenting style as? Do you think she accepts help from Narcissa, or sees her more as the interfering mother-in-law? What kind of wife do you see her as to Draco?

Brand New Story!

weasleywannabe47

Astoria

I would say Astoria would be very beautiful.I see her as being a Hufflepuff,who changes Draco's opinion of them!
    This may not matter,but in my stories Astoria and Daphne have a younger sister named Jordin.

HopeiHelped!

DarkAngel

So many questions!

JKR doesn't really say which house she was at in Hogwarts, does she? I know she doesn't in the books, but does she mention it anywhere at all? I think this gives us a big opportunity to write about her character.

We could make her anyone we want! Okay, so her background suggests some characteristics, like perhaps a good, protective mother and all, but then again, everything else is up to us.

I was thinking about writing about her when she's at Hogwarts, or even post-Hogwarts. If she's a Ravenclaw, one could portray her as shy and reserved yet quite intelligent and practical or she could even be an outspoken person. A Hufflepuff, would make her loyal and sensible. So, even if she's a pureblood, it doesn't necessarily mean that she'd be in Slytherin ( I personally can't imagine her there for some reason, no offense).

As for her older sister. I agree with the fact that there might be complications between them. I was actually surprised when I got to know Draco's wife's identity. I mean, two years younger? And she wasn't mentioned in the books. JKR dropped her out of the blue, and to me, that's quite a mystery. Was it an arranged marriage? Wasn't there something in the books where it said that Lucius was supposed to marry Andromeda but married Narcissa because Andromeda ran off with Ted Tonks? Or is it something I read in fanfiction? I'm sorry if I got my facts wrong...So, if that really happened, do you think history repeated itself in Draco's case somehow?

Azhure
    I agree that Astoria may not have been in Slytherin, but we have to remember that she married Draco Malfoy. I know that in the last book Draco seems more mature and... responsible. The fear and pressure that Voldemort put him under the previous year must have changed him, but he's still Draco. Also, if Astoria was in a different house, and a few years younger, how an earth did she and Draco meet? I know, I know, people can meet and start relationships anywhere, and maybe they met after Hogwarts and the war... If that's the case, then Astoria being in Ravenclaw idea is much more plausible. I just find it difficult to believe that Draco would marry someone that wasn't a Slytherin, even if the only reason was because he wanted to keep his family as Slytherin he could (see why I hate the Draco/Hermione and Draco/Ginny pairings?).

Was it an arranged marriage?
    Possibly, but if Astoria was in a house other than Slytherin, I sincerly doubt that Lucius and Narcissa would arrange to have their beloved son married to a girl from a different house. No matter if she was in a pure blood family or not.

Wasn't there something in the books where it said that Lucius was supposed to marry Andromeda but married Narcissa because Andromeda ran off with Ted Tonks?
    Err, that is in fanfiction, I'm afraid. There's nothing in the books or Lexicon that implies this (that I know of. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it).

Hope that helped!

DarkAngel
    Wasn't there something in the books where it said that Lucius was supposed to marry Andromeda but married Narcissa because Andromeda ran off with Ted Tonks?

Err, that is in fanfiction, I'm afraid. There's nothing in the books or Lexicon that implies this (that I know of. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt it).
    I knew I'd get that wrong...
    Aww, well, nowadays, I read so much fanfiction that I confuse it with the real story...

DarkAngel

questions

Hi, sorry to double post, but I have a few questions:

What does Astoria look like? Does she have blonde hair? What do you think her eye colour might be? What do you think her appearance could be like?