I am writing a chaptered fic centered on an OC at an American high school in the first few months of 1998. The Creeveys are in America for that school year because the parents, upon finding out about the British wizarding government's frightening new attitude towards Muggleborns, decided to leave the country. My OC, of course, doesn't know this, but I'll need to make it nevertheless clear in the story...

Anyway, the thing is, I'm having a little trouble coming up with a clear enough picture of Dennis. I know he is, like is brother, very enthusiastic, brave, and loyal. I think he misses his friends and wants to fight (as does Colin), and is upset with his parents, who have become very anti-magic--I mean, their sons got accepted into this school of magic, and then five years later, the boys are in danger of being jailed or killed because of it! But I don't know what other characteristics to give him. I need to make him unique from Colin--a bit less open and trusting, possibly tending to more wry or dark humor...never very worried about what people think of him, but maybe tending to worry about other people--protectiveness and all that? And maybe a little quieter than Colin, especially as they grows older.

Thoughts, anyone?