Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 157

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

  1. #81
    Fly to Dawn
    Guest
    Is it possible to change your date of birth? Mine is wrong...

  2. #82
    Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    North Yorkshire
    Posts
    394
    PM me the correct date and I'll change it for you. Members can't change it themselves.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

    Alexander Pope

  3. #83
    Lily_greeneyes
    Guest
    In the 'View your statistics' link in your Account info page, there is a small thing that says 'Favourite Author'. I clicked on the number next to it, but it shows a blank page with a [0] on the side of it.

    Is that what's meant to happen, or are you actually meant to see other authors who have put you as their favourite author? I was just curious...

  4. #84
    rita_skeeter
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Lily_greeneyes
    In the 'View your statistics' link in your Account info page, there is a small thing that says 'Favourite Author'. I clicked on the number next to it, but it shows a blank page with a [0] on the side of it.

    Is that what's meant to happen, or are you actually meant to see other authors who have put you as their favourite author? I was just curious...
    Yes, you are supposed to be able to view this, but at the moment we're experiencing problems with it. Hopefully our coders will sort it out soon.

  5. #85
    AurorGirl101
    Guest

    Mods

    I know that there was just a whole new batch of mods taken up, but when will MNFF being thinking about doing so again? I missed the whole thing last time.

  6. #86
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by AurorGirl101
    I know that there was just a whole new batch of mods taken up, but when will MNFF being thinking about doing so again? I missed the whole thing last time.
    Well, currently, we don't need anymore mods since we're doing fantastically after the last batch It'll be a while before a need for more springs up. If we do need more mods, though, we will announce it

  7. #87
    MaraudersAffair
    Guest

    Unhappy

    My challenge has just been rejected because there is talk about a famous person. I have used this dialogue to move the story forward and the fic is due today - I will have the rewrite a quarter of my fic.

    I have been working on this story for three weeks and my question is - why is this not in the submission rules? Why are guidelines springing up from no where?

    The only thing that comes close is the rule - [I][-Stories that use real living people as characters. Most commonly these are JK Rowling insertions. We do NOT archive them./I]

    My famous person is not used as a character, he is only used to describe what music my OC likes.

    I just wish all the rules were posted on the site so I know what and what not I can do.

    Thanks.

  8. #88
    Marauder by Midnight
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MaraudersAffair
    My challenge has just been rejected because there is talk about a famous person. I have used this dialogue to move the story forward and the fic is due today - I will have the rewrite a quarter of my fic.

    I have been working on this story for three weeks and my question is - why is this not in the submission rules? Why are guidelines springing up from no where?

    The only thing that comes close is the rule - [I][-Stories that use real living people as characters. Most commonly these are JK Rowling insertions. We do NOT archive them./I]

    My famous person is not used as a character, he is only used to describe what music my OC likes.

    I just wish all the rules were posted on the site so I know what and what not I can do.

    Thanks.
    It's a topic that only just came up recently. Celebrities, dead or alive, need to be treated with care. So tread carefully.

  9. #89
    ms weasley
    Guest
    I submitted the first chapter of my J/L story on the 22nd July - eight days ago. I have read that the J/L category is very popular, and therefore validation will take longer than usual. I know that all you mods work hard, and the time doesn't bother me. I was just wondering how long I should wait, since it has been over a week. Should I contact the mod in charge of that category (and if so, who?), or should I just wait it out?

    Thank you for your time.

  10. #90
    nikkiolapotter
    Guest

    Photobucket


    How do you get a photobucket account?
    nikkiolapotter

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •