Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

AlexisTaylor
    First, I want to remind you that only one story is to be submitted to the queue at a time. Check your account to see if chapter one is still there.

We do go by date. However, there's always the odd one that's being mulled on and checked out by more than one mod. I would say, PM the mod that took care of your second chapter (or email), and tell them about your chapter one.

Please do not submit more than one chapter to our queue at a time, in any category.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Quote Originally Posted by AlexisTaylor
    First, I want to remind you that only one story is to be submitted to the queue at a time.
    Oh, I thought that we could submit two stories as long as they were in different categories? That is what the FAQ says. Which brings me to another question - what about challenges? What if you want to enter two different challenges? Is it okay to enter two stories in two different subcategories of the challenge menu?
    When it comes to the Harry's Hospital Wing Project - are we allowed to submit more than one story to this challenge category since it is such a broad topic? I can't seem to find this last answer in any of the HHWP threads. Thanks!
    ~Gina

Sly Severus
    I'm sorry. I thought we could submit more than one story, but not more than one chapter of the same story. I guess I'm still learning my way around.

Anyway, my other story is still showing up, so I'll just wait to see what happens. Thank you.

deanine
    The chapters in queue rule has morphed around several times so that clarifying would be a great idea.

• You may submit one chapter of a given story at a time.
    • You may submit one chapter per category at a given time.
    • You may submit a second chapter of a different story in a different category for a maximum of two chapters in queue at any given time.

The second chapter rule was added to facilitate authors with contest submissions and regular running stories.

Periwinkle
    When selecting warnings for your story, there is only one way to choose multiple ones: pressing the control key while moving your arrow over the warnings. Is there a way to skip over a warning or two that don't apply to your story, while choosing warnings beneath the ones that haven't been highlighted? To explain myself more thoroughly, when highlighting your warnings, you cannot skip over one. At least, I don't know how to. Is there a way of choosing warnings without highlighting all the options?

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Hi! I have a few more questions.
    -Is it possible to edit a review we leave for a story? I just want to fix spelling errors. (I'm so embarassed, but that little box is so small!)
    -Is there a limit to the number of threads we can be subscribed to, like the limit for PMs?
    -I entered a story in the HHWP but my profile still says 0 next to challenges. I don't think it matters, since only I can see it, but I'm just curious why? Is the HHWP not technically a challenge?
    -Can we enter more than one story in the HHWP category, especially if our first story has been validated and our second story is about a different aspect of the DoM? I still can't find the answer to this question, sorry.

Finally, I think the HHWP has been *great*!! Are the mods happy with how its turning out? You don't really have to answer that, but I think it would be wonderful to do something similar sometime, perhaps during fall term. I'm sure it was a lot of work for the mods but I think you all did a great job!!

Thanks!
    ~Gina

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Periwinkle
    When selecting warnings for your story, there is only one way to choose multiple ones: pressing the control key while moving your arrow over the warnings. Is there a way to skip over a warning or two that don't apply to your story, while choosing warnings beneath the ones that haven't been highlighted? To explain myself more thoroughly, when highlighting your warnings, you cannot skip over one. At least, I don't know how to. Is there a way of choosing warnings without highlighting all the options?
    This is what I do: I hold down the control key and I don't let go of it until all of my warnings have been selected. Then I just click specifically on the warnings I want to select. You aren't dragging your cursor, are you? That could be a problem. I know that if you press shift instead of control, you won't be able to skip over a warning. Try again. I just tested it multiple times and it has worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gmariam
    Hi! I have a few more questions.
    -Is there a limit to the number of threads we can be subscribed to, like the limit for PMs?
    -I entered a story in the HHWP but my profile still says 0 next to challenges. I don't think it matters, since only I can see it, but I'm just curious why? Is the HHWP not technically a challenge?
    -Can we enter more than one story in the HHWP category, especially if our first story has been validated and our second story is about a different aspect of the DoM? I still can't find the answer to this question, sorry.

Finally, I think the HHWP has been *great*!! Are the mods happy with how its turning out? You don't really have to answer that, but I think it would be wonderful to do something similar sometime, perhaps during fall term. I'm sure it was a lot of work for the mods but I think you all did a great job!!

Thanks!
    ~Gina
    I'm not exactly sure, but I don't think you can edit your reviews (someone else can verify this, but as far as I know, you can't).

I think you can subscirbe to as many threads as you like. With PMs, they can only hold a certain number of messages, but with thread subscriptions, you can subscribe to as many as you'd like as long as your email inbox can hold all of the notifications.

On your MNFF profile, do not worry about the challenges function. That isn't really used. People who enter challenges don't see that little number change. It's just there.

You should ask one of the mods working on the HHWP whether or not you can enter more than one story.

Hope that helps.

--Little Kitty

MrTibbles
    Is there a reason that my PM box says I have 65531 unread messages?

I think I remember something about this being a glitch on the new forums. (Are they 'new' anymore?) Sorry if this has already been answered.

MrTibbles

Starmaiden
    Category question: The example of not submitting to different categories is Hermione/Draco and General. Could a story be submitted to two subcategories? Say, Harry/Other Character and Various Pairings? (I know I'm splitting hairs here...)

Edit: Thanks for the clarification!

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

A story can ONLY be submitted to one category, be it a main category or subcategory.

Mr Tibbles, i think lots of us have had that. Mine went away when I cleared a lot of message from my inbox.

Gina, the general rule with challenges is that you can only enter one challenge per prompt.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope