Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

AlexisTaylor
    You'll need to make sure your story is VERY clearly related to Potterverse. If that's done, the story is ok for our archives.

I believe Kal is on vacation. I don't know when she'll be back off the top of my head, but be patient.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

I'm writing an OC/OC fic, post Hogwarts, which isn't very HP related. It mentions Hogwarts and magical jobs, but is more of a relationship study. It's for the OC Mothly challenge. Is this okay? If it's not, I don't really want to abandon it. How can I tie in more magical things? I'm having some difficulties...
    Well, are your OCs magical, Squibs or Muggles? You need to be mentioning what they are within the narrative

Is it clearly set in the magical world? Are there magical things around them? Can you add some detail that shows the magical world more evidently. Even if it's something like one of them making a cup of coffee using magic etc.

If you are mentioning Hogwarts and it is set in the magical world, then it will be okay. The OC challenge is meant to be about characters in the Potterverse, not the Potterverse itself.

Having two Muggles disconnected from the wizarding world would not be acceptable.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Lightning Strikes Twice
    I have a question here folks, sorry I'm new and have no idea how this works.

A group of people and I have been writing a "7th book". I was wondering how (that is, IF) I could I post it get it into this FanFiction site.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advanced,

-Lst

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Lightning Strikes Twice
    I have a question here folks, sorry I'm new and have no idea how this works.

A group of people and I have been writing a "7th book". I was wondering how (that is, IF) I could I post it get it into this FanFiction site.

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks in Advanced,

-Lst
    Of course! You only need to register on fanfiction.mugglenet.com. After that, submit your story (there's a help section available in case you're having difficulties). In about a week or so, a moderator will validate your story or reject your story and give you a few pointers before you resubmit again.

Lightning Strikes Twice
    Quote Originally Posted by Marauder by Midnight
    Of course! You only need to register on fanfiction.mugglenet.com. After that, submit your story (there's a help section available in case you're having difficulties). In about a week or so, a moderator will validate your story or reject your story and give you a few pointers before you resubmit again.
    Well, it's a rather long story. It's not in any possible way a "short story". It's at least as long as a normal HP book.

I'm just wondering if that's even plausible to put up here (It's also not completely done [But we're getting close], we update it each week, adding a new chapter.)

GringottsVault711
    You have to submit each chapter. When the first chapter is approved, you can submit the next. There are plenty of long stories here -- my first fanfiction was 70 chapters.

lady-rhian
    Hello.

My apologies if this has been addressed already, but I couldn't find anything on it.

My story Dark Roast was recently voted the Runner-Up Best Het Fic in the Multifaceted Awards. Is it acceptable to advertise this in my signature or should I just keep it to the summary on my main page?

Thank you so much,
    -LR

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by lady-rhian
    Hello.

My apologies if this has been addressed already, but I couldn't find anything on it.

My story Dark Roast was recently voted the Runner-Up Best Het Fic in the Multifaceted Awards. Is it acceptable to advertise this in my signature or should I just keep it to the summary on my main page?

Thank you so much,
    -LR
    Congratulations!

Yes, you may advertise that. A few authors, MJ, for example, did when they were nominated on another site.

Sly Severus
    I have a question about the queue. I was just curious how mods decide what stories they're going to mod at the time? I thought it went by the date the story was submitted, but I submitted two stories to the Dark/Angsty catogory within two days of each other, and the second was validated yesterday, but the first one is yet to be looked at. It just seemed strange that the second one was done first, so I was wondering about the system. Just a curiosity thing, really.

Thanks!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Sly Severus
    I have a question about the queue. I was just curious how mods decide what stories they're going to mod at the time? I thought it went by the date the story was submitted, but I submitted two stories to the Dark/Angsty catogory within two days of each other, and the second was validated yesterday, but the first one is yet to be looked at. It just seemed strange that the second one was done first, so I was wondering about the system. Just a curiosity thing, really.

Thanks!
    Hehe, remember you're not the only chapter in the queue. Each day, each category holds an average of eight stories (and those are only the light categories). Heavy-traffic categories such as Dark/Angsty can hold much much more. Most mods actually don't try to clear out more than a day in one sitting.

Just be patient. As long as your chapter hasn't been in queue for more than a week, you're fine

Oh, and yes we do go by date