Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

Scarlet
    Nah, it's all right. I just withdrew my application. It's no big deal. I still have a regular thread going anyway.

Third Year Gryffindor
    Searching for Neville's Toad
    My regular thread isn't going well and I sent in my application, not a week but a MONTH back (June 16th) and I still haven't managed to get a reply whereas people who sent in apps after me have either been accepted or rejected.

What I want to know is, when can I expect a reply now? I know that haley is busy with her dance recitals and everything but when can I expect a notice?

Thanks! (I am so sorry to be pestersome)
    Banner by the wonderful Minnabird
    Author Page ~ Banner thread ~
    PI Accredition

rita_skeeter
    Sorry, but we really don't know how long it'll be. Just wait patiently, and I'm sure Haley will be back soon.

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    As a current member of the BA, I can tell you that Haley already feels wretched about her absence, and she has tossed out the idea of having a "first mate" to assist in items just such as this. Please don't make her feel worse.

If you would like to join, we would likely love to have you. Please just maintain your patience. Haley's performance is at the end of the month (I believe) and then hopefully real life will settle down for her.

Additionally, I wouldn't assume those members did send their applications in after you. The process might just be that much behind right now. It's a great organization and well worth it to be a part of. Haley is a wonderful coach and mentor and with everything else she does, she runs the BA swimmingly.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

hearyoume
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Maeve
    The Challenge function is not meant to be used, it's part of the package, but only mods are permitted to set challenges, and they are done in the Great Hall and the Hospital Wing.
    Okay, so the people who have created challenges on the site and are not mods really aren't supposed to be doing that?
    I don't mean to be difficult, I'm just a little confused :P
    So, the rule is that only mods can make challenges, and the only challenges members can participate in are ones found in either the Great Hall or the Hospital Wing. Is that correct?
    Thank you (:

lainie xox

< b r > problems again!

I edited my submission because it keeps giving me multiple < b r > tags between each paragraph when I didn't add them (because I copied and pasted it from Microsoft word, therefore I couldn't have). After I fixed it, I don't see anymore of those tags, and I soon find my fiction rejected because apparently they're still there.

ChrissyOfGryffindor

Search Function

Is the Search function on the main site not working? Or is it just me? No matter what I search for, it says "No Results Found." I found this particulary strange when, attempting to figure out if there really were no stories containing my keyword, I typed in "Harry," and it told me there were no stories containing the word. Seeing as this is a Harry Potter-based site, I realized there must be something wrong. Do you know if the problem lies with the function, or if it has something to do with something on my end? (i.e. me being incredibly stupid and spelling it "Harrry" or something. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case, but who knows.)

anangeliam05

Changing Rating of Fics

Recently I realised that I need to change the rating of my Fic due to the content of later chapters. If I were to change my rating would it put my entire fic back into the queue? I really hope it will not because I have 5 chapters posted and the 6th is in the queue. If someone could please answer my question as soon as possible I wouls greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrissyOfGryffindor
    Is the Search function on the main site not working? Or is it just me? No matter what I search for, it says "No Results Found." I found this particulary strange when, attempting to figure out if there really were no stories containing my keyword, I typed in "Harry," and it told me there were no stories containing the word. Seeing as this is a Harry Potter-based site, I realized there must be something wrong. Do you know if the problem lies with the function, or if it has something to do with something on my end? (i.e. me being incredibly stupid and spelling it "Harrry" or something. I'm pretty sure this wasn't the case, but who knows.)
    Worked for me. I looked up "Harry" under "Summary." Maybe you looked for it under something else.

Recently I realised that I need to change the rating of my Fic due to the content of later chapters. If I were to change my rating would it put my entire fic back into the queue? I really hope it will not because I have 5 chapters posted and the 6th is in the queue. If someone could please answer my question as soon as possible I wouls greatly appreciate it! Thank you!
    No I don't think you need to. Go to Manage Stories, edit the story you want to edit, scroll down to "Rating" and change it.

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

Hearyoume: That's exactly right. Mods go through there to delete all challenges when we get a chance. It's just one of those things that at the moment the site won't allow us to ditch, but a function that we don't use or encourage. Members aren't allowed to post blank series either, but they seem to delight in doing so.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope