Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

deanine
    Oppugno: PM me the actual text of the review you're trying to post. Perhaps there is an html problem? Otherwise I'm not sure what's happening there.

Gina: On words that could go either way, be consistent. That's the best you can do.

Werewolf_sympathiser
    Sorry, this isn't to do with this but I don't know where else to post it...My post count has been stuck on 4 for a while now. I thought it was just because I had only posted 4 but after I have continued to post, it's still said 4...sorry, but I don't know where else to post this because last time I tried to ask a question in a different thread that wasn't the right place either but I can't post threads on this one. Please help!

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Werewolf_sympathiser
    Sorry, this isn't to do with this but I don't know where else to post it...My post count has been stuck on 4 for a while now. I thought it was just because I had only posted 4 but after I have continued to post, it's still said 4...sorry, but I don't know where else to post this because last time I tried to ask a question in a different thread that wasn't the right place either but I can't post threads on this one. Please help!
    Well, posts only count in certain threads/forums. For example, posting in your common room won't increase your post count. However, posting in the Hospital Wing and Summer School would. You just have to do a bit of exploring to find out where posts count and where they don't.

Julybug

Striking Similarities...

Is there someone I should let know if I run across a story that seems to be very, very, similar to mine? This one only has three chapters posted, but already I've come across almost every major plot point my 12 posted chapters have (I have more to come). Even the title is similar to mine. What do I do? I'd rather adress it privately (not here on the boards). Is there a particular person I should contact?

Thanks,
    Julybug

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Julybug
    Is there someone I should let know if I run across a story that seems to be very, very, similar to mine? This one only has three chapters posted, but already I've come across almost every major plot point my 12 posted chapters have (I have more to come). Even the title is similar to mine. What do I do? I'd rather adress it privately (not here on the boards). Is there a particular person I should contact?

Thanks,
    Julybug
    Any of the mods would be fine for this. However, please keep in mind that there are bound to be a few stories that are similar to yours, especially in the beginning. I recommend that you wait for a few more chapters before contacting a mod about plagiarism. It's a very serious offense.

nikkiolapotter

Multiple betas?

Hello,

I was wondering, for each story you have, does each one get a different beta, or do you use one beta for all of your stories?

deanine
    Beta author relationships are quite individual. Some betas only work oneshots. Others prefer to work with authors for several running projects. When you have an idea what you need, you can brows the beta guild looking for a match, or you can advertise in the Beta Wanted section to try and find a beta who fits your needs.