Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by ms weasley
    I submitted the first chapter of my J/L story on the 22nd July - eight days ago. I have read that the J/L category is very popular, and therefore validation will take longer than usual. I know that all you mods work hard, and the time doesn't bother me. I was just wondering how long I should wait, since it has been over a week. Should I contact the mod in charge of that category (and if so, who?), or should I just wait it out?

Thank you for your time.
    Yes, you should contact the mod in charge of the category if the time of wait bothers you. I thought a list of available somewhere on the forums for access, but Astrid Skywalker (Lei), mrsgeorgeweasley (Nat), and Potterphile12 (Anasuya) are the ones in charge of J/L. You can give them a friendly nudge But if it doesn't matter too much, you should wait it out; J/L is a very busy category, but they're doing the best they can.

How do you get a photobucket account?
    nikkiolapotter
    This isn't a question you should ask the moderators. However, you can get a photobucket account by going to www.photobucket.com and registering.

ms weasley
    Thanks Beth - I'll wait a little longer. The time doesn't really bother me, and I don't want to be a pain.

nikkiolapotter
    Hello ,

I submitted a story in the R/Hr AND H/G category on the 22nd, and I haven't received a reply. Any idea what's going on? I've already sent and email to the mod for that category, and i haven't received any info.
    nikkiolapotter

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiolapotter
    Hello ,

I submitted a story in the R/Hr AND H/G category on the 22nd, and I haven't received a reply. Any idea what's going on? I've already sent and email to the mod for that category, and i haven't received any info.
    nikkiolapotter
    This category's getting a bit busy nowadays as well. I think one of the mods for this category's on vacation so it's also a bit slow as well. Don't worry about it; our sweepers will go through and take care of it

Crazy Inferi

:eek:

Um, I was just wondering, is there any particular reason I can't see the link to the challenges on the main site? I was thinking of looking for a good one and maybe responding to it, but I can't find it anywhere. It's kind of bugging me.

Thanks,
    ~C.I.

apollo13

Sorting

I'm sorry if this has already been asked but how do I get the sorting quiz?

invisiblenudnik
    Sorry if this is a bit of a repeat...I didn't see anything that addressed this specifically.

I'm having a problem finding this person on the fanfiction main site. She created an account under the username Happy_Hermione, and even added me as one of her favorite authors, but when I try to find her or she tries to find herself, she isn't there. She has no stories up, but I made her write something in her profile to see if that helped. I would like to find her at some point, since she is my beta-ee. Is this just one of those annoying bugs?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Inferi
    Um, I was just wondering, is there any particular reason I can't see the link to the challenges on the main site? I was thinking of looking for a good one and maybe responding to it, but I can't find it anywhere. It's kind of bugging me.

Thanks,
    ~C.I.
    Ah. You can't issue nor receive challenges there. It's an option we're currently trying to remove.

Quote Originally Posted by apollo13
    I'm sorry if this has already been asked but how do I get the sorting quiz?
    Yes, it's been answered before. PM AlexisTaylor and ask nicely for a Sorting quiz.

Sorry if this is a bit of a repeat...I didn't see anything that addressed this specifically.

I'm having a problem finding this person on the fanfiction main site. She created an account under the username Happy_Hermione, and even added me as one of her favorite authors, but when I try to find her or she tries to find herself, she isn't there. She has no stories up, but I made her write something in her profile to see if that helped. I would like to find her at some point, since she is my beta-ee. Is this just one of those annoying bugs?
    Her username doesn't exist. It's not in the master list of authors. Are you sure she registered? Did she check her email to confirm her account?

nikkiolapotter

is it just me, or should I be mad?

Recently, I got a rejection letter.

I got one because I forgot to close a HTML code in my summary, therefore making my whole story bold. Therefore I got rejected, and I have to wait again, because of that. Is it just me, or should I be mad? Also, will it take the same amount of time to consider my submission, or will it be longer/quicker because I didn't change anything?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiolapotter
    Recently, I got a rejection letter.

I got one because I forgot to close a HTML code in my summary, therefore making my whole story bold. Therefore I got rejected, and I have to wait again, because of that. Is it just me, or should I be mad? Also, will it take the same amount of time to consider my submission, or will it be longer/quicker because I didn't change anything?
    Well, it is frustrating to get rejected for a seemingly small thing. But, just like your story, summaries should also be checked. Wrong HTML codes in summaries are pretty important because not only will you bold, underline, or italicize your entire summary, but you'd also bold, underline, or italicize everyone else's summary, something some people wouldn't like.

Note that you shouldn't even bold your entire summary. That's called excessive HTML here.

Yes, it will take the same amount of time.