Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

b_reeger
    Okay, I know this is just a petty question and probably is nothing more than for a bit of humor, but what exactly is "In the rubble at Godric's Hollow" under my house name all about? Does this mean something and if so what. Is there something special that needs to be done to have it change? Thanks.

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by b_reeger
    Okay, I know this is just a petty question and probably is nothing more than for a bit of humor, but what exactly is "In the rubble at Godric's Hollow" under my house name all about? Does this mean something and if so what. Is there something special that needs to be done to have it change? Thanks.
    It's just a bit o' fun around the forums. For example, mine says "Ultimate Chess." This changes as you post more often around the forums. When you reach a certain number of posts, that little "title" will change to something else.

Valentinia

Warnings

Question about the warnings: If there is attempted suicide in my story, should I give it a "suicide" warning, even if the character doesn't die? Or a self injury warning? Just wondering...

Also, if something (violence, suicide, sexual situations etc.) is mentioned in the story, but not described (like, say, you find out that her sister killed herself, but the suicide is not described) should there be a warning?

Harry_Ginny4ever
    I'm a new member, and my friend had told me about a thread about a contest. But I can't see it! I haven't been sorted yet, does that have anything to do with it? I'd like to participate in the contest, can someone help?

AlexisTaylor
    Val.- if it's something just mentioned in passing and generally speaking of a third party, then a warning isn't necessary. However, if it is detailed, and if it happened to the speaker, and he or she is going to go into details, a warning is best. When in doubt, warn.

Harry4Ginny- You'll need to be sorted to see the proper forums, I believe.

babekitty_92
    Hi, I'm just wondering whether there is some problems on MNFF because I noticed the third chapter of my story that I submitted was not moderated, so I went to check my e-mail to see what I need to fix up and there was no e-mail at all. I've been checking all day, and there is nothing. I know that totally obsessed has had the same problem because she PM'ed me about what she should do too. (She's my adopted member) Thanks!!

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by babekitty_92
    Hi, I'm just wondering whether there is some problems on MNFF because I noticed the third chapter of my story that I submitted was not moderated, so I went to check my e-mail to see what I need to fix up and there was no e-mail at all. I've been checking all day, and there is nothing. I know that totally obsessed has had the same problem because she PM'ed me about what she should do too. (She's my adopted member) Thanks!!
    Did you check your bulk/junk/spam folders? Did you make sure that the email was not blocked and deleted? It seems that some people have trouble receiving letters from certain emails, like some Hotmail or AOL, so you may want to switch to something else, like Yahoo. Since your story was rejected, go to the "I didn't get a rejection letter" thread and post your info there.

--Little Kitty

nysuperstarz
    Im not sure if this has been asked before and im sorry if im repeating sombody else, but I just don't know where I get an application to join the BA from. I put in a request to join in the CP but thats about all. Thankyou in advance!

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by nysuperstarz
    Im not sure if this has been asked before and im sorry if im repeating sombody else, but I just don't know where I get an application to join the BA from. I put in a request to join in the CP but thats about all. Thankyou in advance!
    You can go and visit the BA History, Info, and Joining Information thread. In addition to requesting to join the CP, I believe you have to PM QueenHal some information before she can choose to accept or decline your request. Good luck!

--Little Kitty

LeeJordan
    I sent my answers for the Sorting Quiz to AlexisTaylor on the 22nd July, and I haven't yet been sorted. The wait doesn't bother me - I know you have a lot to do - but I just wanted to make sure that it was actually received. Do I need to send it again?