Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

nikkiolapotter

thanks

Okay, thanks for clarifying! Note: I was bolding something about the warnings and the new banner, not the whole summary.

remus_rocks
    Hey...
    I was in Gryffindor. I was a newbie too, just made it on - but now i'm not. Ummm, im confused what has happened?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by remus_rocks
    Hey...
    I was in Gryffindor. I was a newbie too, just made it on - but now i'm not. Ummm, im confused what has happened?
    Well, since we had new forums, members have to be resorted.

This was where you could've found news and instructions.

I'm going ahead and Sorting you. Just make sure in the future you do a bit of searching before you ask a question

nikkiolapotter

sorting

Quote Originally Posted by Marauder by Midnight
    Well, since we had new forums, members have to be resorted.

This was where you could've found news and instructions.

I'm going ahead and Sorting you. Just make sure in the future you do a bit of searching before you ask a question
    I sent Alexis Taylor a lot of pm's after I read that, and I want to be sorted manually. How would I go about doing that? *chants in mind: GRFFINDOR! GRYFFINDOR! GRYFFINDOR!*

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by nikkiolapotter
    I sent Alexis Taylor a lot of pm's after I read that, and I want to be sorted manually. How would I go about doing that? *chants in mind: GRFFINDOR! GRYFFINDOR! GRYFFINDOR!*
    What it means to be sorted manually is that someone (AlexisTaylor) sends you a quiz, and you send your answers back and are sorted. There is no automated sorting quiz on these forums.

Please don't send AlexisTaylor multiple PMs requesting a Sorting Quiz. That's just going to be spamming. One PM should be enough. She probably won't respond instantaneously, so please be patient and wait for it.

--Little Kitty

nikkiolapotter

okay

Thanks for clarifying. I didn't mean to spam. *Sorry, Lex!*

AlexisTaylor
    Thanks for clarifying quickly, Little Kitty.

I am working my hardest to get to all the sorting quizzes. I get up to 30 a day which I score by hand. I ask for three days to get to your sorting quiz, but that doesn't necessarily mean you will see your house instantly. I contact your new HoH to place you in her house (which she also does manually), and it may take her a couple days as well.

Just be patient and remember we're people with other responsibilities as well .

No worries. We're working our hardest to serve you.

EDIT: I also wanted to add that there have been incidents of impatient users sending me TWO DIFFERENT quiz answer sets. This is unacceptible. If it happens more often, I'm going to have to begin taking points.

remus_rocks
    Just to clarify, I was sorted after the new forums where made, which was why I was so confused.

Thanks for re-sorting me!

Lust_And_Luxury

French in Mugglenet Fanfic

Good Morning,

I am wondering if there is any members that write stories in French. If so, I would like to offer my help as a Beta, again, only if the text is in French.

Thank you for your help

Lust

ByMerlinsBeard
    Quote Originally Posted by Lust_And_Luxury
    Good Morning,

I am wondering if there is any members that write stories in French. If so, I would like to offer my help as a Beta, again, only if the text is in French.

Thank you for your help

Lust

All fics at Mugglenet Fan Fiction are written primarily in English. However, some fics have a few lines of a foreign language in them. (For example, someone might have Fleur say a few things to her sister in French, but the rest of the fic is written in English.)

The Reference Desk has threads for language help, including a thread for French. I am sure that people there would love your help with short translations!