Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

Valentinia

Images

I'm not sure if this question belongs in this thread, if not sorry in advance.

When you click on the "insert image" button, it asks you for a webpage, but I have a pic in my files on my computer itself, not on a webpage. Can I still put it in my signature somehow? Or if not, how can I get it onto a webpage, or otherwise manage to uploade it?

Valentinia

little_kitty
    Quote Originally Posted by Valentinia
    I'm not sure if this question belongs in this thread, if not sorry in advance.

When you click on the "insert image" button, it asks you for a webpage, but I have a pic in my files on my computer itself, not on a webpage. Can I still put it in my signature somehow? Or if not, how can I get it onto a webpage, or otherwise manage to uploade it?

Valentinia
    Okay, well if you're talking about the popup box that says "please enter the URL of your image", what it means is that you can't just upload pictures from your computer. You can do that with avatars, but not for other stuff (like your signature). What you would have to do is upload your picture to a photohosting site. A lot of people use Photobucket or Imageshack - just create a free account. After you've uploaded your picture(s), there will be a URL for each picture, which you can paste into that little script box. Hope that helps.

--Little Kitty

Valentinia

Thanks

Thank you so much. I have now been able to upload the wonderful banner made by lainie xox, as is seen in my signature. (Hope this message isn't considered spam. If it is, then I'm terribly sorry).

Valentinia

whatapotter
    I have a small question -

In the 'Account Info' area, where we have the stats for the number of people that have us on their favourite author list, it says there are nine people. However, when I click on that it only gives me three names. I thought this might just be a glitch in the new forums that needed to be ironed out so left it for a while, but the forums have been running well for a while, so thought it was about time I mentioned it. So, any suggestions for anything I can do to get it showing either all the names, or the right number?

Thanks to any mod who can help!
    xx

EDIT: Thanks a lot Vindictus Viridian - that makes sense!

Vindictus Viridian
    This question has come up before, but since I can't imagine what search terms would call it up without a thousand other things too, here goes. The favorite-author list only shows people who have stories posted, but counts the people with none as well. As far as I know, there is no way to change this. Call it an easy way to sort out the people you can pay back with reviews.

First Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

I think that I read somewhere in the early stages of this forum (or perhaps it was the old one; I don't remember) that only mods can have moving avatars. I was wondering if that rule is still in effect. Also, if I don't sound too snotty, why is there such a rule? Is it just because?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by greeneyes
    I think that I read somewhere in the early stages of this forum (or perhaps it was the old one; I don't remember) that only mods can have moving avatars. I was wondering if that rule is still in effect. Also, if I don't sound too snotty, why is there such a rule? Is it just because?
    Yes, I believe it's still in effect. And yes, I believe it's "just because" Mods can correct me on the last part, because I'm fairly certain on the answer to the first question.

First Year Ravenclaw

Oh, okay, thanks! No biggie, I was just wondering.

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

I'm sorry I have so many questions lately!

I'm writing an OC/OC fic, post Hogwarts, which isn't very HP related. It mentions Hogwarts and magical jobs, but is more of a relationship study. It's for the OC Mothly challenge. Is this okay? If it's not, I don't really want to abandon it. How can I tie in more magical things? I'm having some difficulties...

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].

First Year Ravenclaw

Does anybody know when KalHoNaaHo is coming back? I sent my submission for the Susan Bones Book Club around three weeks ago, and I don't mind waiting, but I was just wondering if any of the mods knew. Thank you!