Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

Potions Mistress Hufflepuff
    Receiving Toilet Seats
    TheMusicOrTheMisery - Did you send it to Harry Potter or to Alexis Taylor? Lex is in charge of the sorting now, so you may need to resend it to her.

Lanie - When you are editing, try not to use the return key. If you can see the <br> tags, delete them.

Oppungo - Avatars cannot be larger than 19k. Files saved as .jpg are almost always too large. Try saving the file as a .gif, or if you have an image editing program try using the "save for web" option. That will compress it as much as possible.

Behind every computer monitor is a person with feelings, just like yours.
    THINK BEFORE YOU TYPE.

Author Page

TheMusicOrTheMisery
    I sent it to Alexis Taylor, so I'll re-send it later on...thanks!

Scarlet
    Hi,

It's been just a little over two weeks now. Does anyone know if/when QueenHal will return? I'm getting a bit restless waiting for an acceptance/denial to the BA. Perhaps you guys should work something out, where if a major mod is away, a sub should take over for the time being, so that queries don't get pushed back for this long... I don't mean to sound rude or anything - for all I know I could have been denied... but if that's not the case, I think this is just a tad bit ridiculous.

hearyoume

Challenges

I just noticed the little link to a number of challenges at the top of each category I click on, so I have some questions:
    1. Can just anyone add a challenge?
    2. How many people can accept the same challenge?
    3. If someone accepts my challenge, will I be alerted in some way?
    4. Should I include a way for people to contact me in the summary if anyone has a question about what I want them to write about?
    5. What happens when I accept a challenge? Is there a deadline or something? And am I posting it on the site?
    So that's basically what I'm wondering... I'm pretty unfamiliar with the whole challenge thing anyway (in case you can't tell), so an explanation of the whole process may be the best way to go.
    Thanks so much for your help and time!

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

The Challenge function is not meant to be used, it's part of the package, but only mods are permitted to set challenges, and they are done in the Great Hall and the Hospital Wing.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

GringottsVault711
    Scarlet -- Telling people what they 'should' do is not the most polite way to go about things. Let me set the record straight though: The BA is purely under the control of QueenHal. It was not a pre-existing forum that Haley was assigned to -- it is her forum, her organistion, her baby. We do have measures in place for other forums, but organisations such as this aren't quite the same.

Frankly, it would be rather rude to step into another person's forum, and go into someone else's account to read their PMs for pending applications. Furthermore -- two weeks is hardly a painfully long time. Perhaps it would be a good idea for Haley to have a second-in-command, but unless her disappearance becomes significantly prolonged, we don't have the right to instate someone without her approval.
    [B]

Lenora
    Hi,

I submitted my story on Mugglenet and they deleted it. My BETA reader said that they should have sent me an email saying what went wrong but I never recieved one. Is there a reason why?

Marauder by Midnight
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenora
    Hi,

I submitted my story on Mugglenet and they deleted it. My BETA reader said that they should have sent me an email saying what went wrong but I never recieved one. Is there a reason why?
    This has been answered many times. Our system seems to have a glitch when sending emails. Some people can receive them while others can't. A pattern has been established that those with Hotmail and AOL mail providers have a harder time receiving letters. Make sure your email provider does not filter out Mugglenet as spam. That could be another reason.

Rest assured that every chapter, whether validated or rejected, will always have a letter sent out.

Scarlet
    Like I said, I didn't mean to be rude, and I did state "perhaps you should", meaning it's more of a suggestion than anything else - I apologize if you took it any other way. And, I also didn't mean to imply that someone should take over her posts and PM's completely. As I said, a "sub"... as in, a "temp" - like you said, maybe a second-in-comand that could have PM's forwarded to them instead of QueenHal whenever she plans on being away.

rita_skeeter
    I'm sure you didn't mean to be rude, but your post did come off a little like that. Sorry, but as GringottsVault711 said, nothing can be done until QueenHal gets back. You'll just have to be patient until then.