Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

Hybrid View

GringottsVault711

Ask a Moderator: Thread Trois

Please view our Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked.

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and, , the vicious cycle continues]

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

babekitty_92
    I don't know if I should actually ask here, but I am willing to become a professor for the Summer classes and I would just like to know whether I need to do anything besides join on the group memberships area on my User CP?

Sorry if this shouldn't be here or if it has been asked before, just wondering....

deanine
    Babe_kitty - PM Vindicus Viridan with your intentions, qualificats, ect. And request to join on your user Control Panel.

Unregistered
    The site keeps logging me off and I didn't click "log out". It just does it automatically, even when I'm submitting a story. I go to another page and I'm not logged in anymore. Sometimes when I click "submit" to send in a story, a screen comes up that says "Please log in" and so I lost everything I just did. What's going on?

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

Are you using AOL. Sometimes AOL and MNFF don't get along too well.

If you are, try using Internet Explorer.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

Unregistered
    No, I am using Internet Explorer. Does it cause problems sometimes, too?

hearyoume

Challenges

I just noticed the little link to a number of challenges at the top of each category I click on, so I have some questions:
    1. Can just anyone add a challenge?
    2. How many people can accept the same challenge?
    3. If someone accepts my challenge, will I be alerted in some way?
    4. Should I include a way for people to contact me in the summary if anyone has a question about what I want them to write about?
    5. What happens when I accept a challenge? Is there a deadline or something? And am I posting it on the site?
    So that's basically what I'm wondering... I'm pretty unfamiliar with the whole challenge thing anyway (in case you can't tell), so an explanation of the whole process may be the best way to go.
    Thanks so much for your help and time!

Sixth Year Slytherin
    Snape's Not Evil?

The Challenge function is not meant to be used, it's part of the package, but only mods are permitted to set challenges, and they are done in the Great Hall and the Hospital Wing.
    Blessed is he who expects nothing, for he shall never be disappointed.

Alexander Pope

hearyoume
    Quote Originally Posted by Magical Maeve
    The Challenge function is not meant to be used, it's part of the package, but only mods are permitted to set challenges, and they are done in the Great Hall and the Hospital Wing.
    Okay, so the people who have created challenges on the site and are not mods really aren't supposed to be doing that?
    I don't mean to be difficult, I'm just a little confused :P
    So, the rule is that only mods can make challenges, and the only challenges members can participate in are ones found in either the Great Hall or the Hospital Wing. Is that correct?
    Thank you (:

lainie xox

< b r > problems again!

I edited my submission because it keeps giving me multiple < b r > tags between each paragraph when I didn't add them (because I copied and pasted it from Microsoft word, therefore I couldn't have). After I fixed it, I don't see anymore of those tags, and I soon find my fiction rejected because apparently they're still there.