Thread: Rules and Reminders - Please read!

TyrannoLaurus

Rules and Reminders - Please read!

Simple notice to say:

1. Double and triple posting is not allowed in this forum, even when you're replying to more than one set of questions. You can use line breaks or dashes to divide questions from one member and another.

2. Please do not post big, coloured messages asking/begging for more questions. It's off-putting to those who visit your thread and could encourage others to follow suit.

And a couple of gentle reminders:

3. Whilst posting questions is allowed, we strongly encourage you to engage in a discussion about Original Characters. It will help you with your own character development and provide extra support to the writer.

4. Your OC's introduction should be as thought out and as detailled as you can make it. We're not expecting a polished and fully developed character from the beginning, but it helps members to know more than the basics when giving their input.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    I would like to reiterate that asking questions is fine but that discussion is strongly encouraged. Instead of simply posting questions anyone else could ask, why not take the time to post an analysis of the Original Character? It will not only help the author to read what others think about their characters but the one writing the analysis as well. While analysing a character, you start to see things in a different view and that will in the end help you with your own OC development.

I'm going to hand out 5 points for well thought-out and helpful discussion or analyses I see (starting today, 19 January 2009), tallying and posting them once or twice a month, depending on how much points I hand out. Take this not only as a way to gain points for your house but to help others as well as yourself.

And remember, an analysis mustn't be long as long as it is helpful.

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

I would like to ask you that please try and not to alter font and colour in your posts from the standard one.

If you post, bringing in your own OC to ask another OC (like I've seen Tim the Enchanter and OliveOil_Med do for example), then it's necessary to distinguish between you as the author and your OC - with colour or font changes. However, it's not necessary to use two single colours, one for you and one for your OC. If you are going to talk much less than your OC, colour your part and have your OC be the normal font and colour, please.

Also, it would be great if you could remember appropriate spacing so that it's easier to read.

Thank you.

~Bine

Could I please have everyone's attention? I'd like to remind everyone to please not alter font and colour. Whilst it may look better, I ask you to use the normal font and colour.

If you want to distinguish between yourself as the author and your character, you may certainly do so, but don't go overboard. Usually, it suffices when you simply colour the smallest part only - and best not in a hard to read colour like glaring pink or lightning green. There's no need to alter the font, too.

Thank you.

~Bine

Everyone please read the Character Clinic Rules about altering font/size/colour in your posts! The thread can be found here. The rule is valid for all subforums (Major Characters and Minor Characters as well as Original Characters).

I began taking points already. So far it's only 1 point docked per post, but I won't hesitate to go higher.