Thread: I'm Stumped!!! Can You Help???

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs

I'm Stumped!!! Can You Help???

I was writing a chapter in my WIP fiction, but I can't remember Harry's vault number. I tried finding it, but it was no where in Lexicon or the Portal... So I came to you...

Does anyone know how a family (wizard) would find out about a death in their Muggle family? Does anyone know Hermione's mother's name? I found her father's but not her mother's.

If there was a significant change in a person's bank account would the goblins notify that person?

If anyone could help it would be great because I need to know so I can make my story believable.

Thanks

~*~ Ali
    HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD

BACK AFTER SO LONG - Feels so good

HOPING I CAN FINALLY FINISH A STORY!!!!!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    but I can't remember Harry's vault number. I tried finding it, but it was no where in Lexicon or the Portal... So I came to you...

His vault number is 687. It is listed on Lexicon but you have to look under James. Sirius' was 711. Harry was his sole heir, so he inherited everything in that vault, too.

Does anyone know how a family (wizard) would find out about a death in their Muggle family?

I would imagine through another family member. Or a family friend.

Does anyone know Hermione's mother's name? I found her father's but not her mother's.

All I can find on her parents is they are listed as unnamed Muggles. Where did you find her father's name and what is it?

f there was a significant change in a person's bank account would the goblins notify that person?

I would have to say yes. However, it may depend on how. If it was someone whose name was also on the vault, they would have no reason to notify the person assuming they would already know. However, if it was a break-in, then they would notify them.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

First Year Hufflepuff
    In the Cupboard Under the Stairs
    Thanks for the vault number... My books were destroyed by my brother so I couldn't look it up.
    I'm not sure if a family friend/ relative could provide that information as they wouldn't know if that person was a wizard as it could not be disclosed with them.
    I can't find it now. When I went on some site I found that her father's name was John, but when I went on Lexicon again i couldn't find it.
    Thanks for the goblin advice, but how would they notify them, owl??? Would the head goblin write the letter??? What about Muggle money to Wizard money conversions after a death and the only heir is a Wizard that does not live in the Muggle World???

Thanks so much for all your help so far. It'll totally help with my story

~*~Ali
    HUFFLEPUFF AND PROUD

BACK AFTER SO LONG - Feels so good

HOPING I CAN FINALLY FINISH A STORY!!!!!

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Does anyone know Hermione's mother's name?
    You might consider Jean to be her mother's name as it was her middle name. I do know that the middle name need not be the mother's name , but since it has not been mentioned anywhere in the books at all, you might consider naming her this.

The answer to your goblin notification question: I think that the goblins would most probably write a letter and send it via owl. If the matter is very serious, they might request a meeting with the wizard and speak to them personally.
    As for muggle money to wizard money conversions, I think that wizards working with the muggle departments would notify the goblins about the will and hence, the wizard would be notified.

red haired mom
    Quote Originally Posted by HGHR_fan
    What about Muggle money to Wizard money conversions after a death and the only heir is a Wizard that does not live in the Muggle World???
    On the Lexicon there is a Currency Converter

I've used it in the past to keep track of how much they spend in Muggle and magical terms.

The goblins would automatically convert the money to Galleons, Sickles, and Knuts and store it in the vault of said wizard... so unless you need to mention the amount, I really wouldn't worry about it. Just mention something about the ease of having goblins that know the conversion rates of Pounds to Galleons.

Hope that helped.

~Wendy