Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

Colores
    Ana - No, you can't. When the signup threads appaer for fall term, you can sign up in those.

YourWildestDreams
    Okay so this is going to sound so sickenly snobby but I just had to ask. Well.... my banner did *surprisingly* well in the QSQ graphics poll and I was just um wondering what's going to happen with that and loligo8me's amazing mastepeice. Iamsounworthy. Are the mods going to ask us to create multiple versions of the banners for specific awards, or can they handle that themselves? I will most likely be very busy in September so that maaay be a problem if it's up to the bannermakers.

-Avery

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Ok, i am now officially going crazy

When I submitted my interhouse co-op one shot I listed the co-author as Hermione Jean Granger. My partner has just let me know her username is actually Hermoine Jean Granger - (I must have looked at it loads of times without ever noticing it wasn't Hermione )

Anyway, so I go into my account and I clicked to edit the story. I then click Hermione Jean Granger's name to delete them as co-author. I then type in Hermoine Jean Granger and select her as co-author and save the changes. But the when I look in my account it's still listed as coolh5000, Hermione Jean Granger. So I go in again and this just delete the coauthor and don't add another one and this time it works fine - it just looks like I wrote it alone. I thought it might be easier to add a different co-author once there was no co-author listed so I tried again, entering Hermoine Jean Granger and again it came up as Hermione Jean Granger. I then tried adding Hermoine Jean Granger as well so there would have been two co-authors and then I figured I could delete Hermione Jean Granger. But it just wouldn't add Hermoine Jean Granger - her name just vanished from the list.

I know this is my mistake originally as I entered the wrong co-author when I first submitted but is there any way to add Hermoine Jean Granger as co-author because it is a joint fic and I feel really bad for this happening. Right now it's listed with just me as the author because obviously the other author i originally entered had nothing to do with the fic.

Thank you for any help!

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Marauder by Midnight
    YourWildestDreams - What we usually do is just use a banner as a template (meaning you send us your .psd file, etc) and we'll do the editing. You don't have to do anything else. We'll contact you via PM if/when we need your template.

coolh5000 - Hermoine Jean Granger is indeed already listed as your co-author. It shows up on her bio page. However, I'm not sure why her name doesn't show up on the table of contents. If she were to submit a second chapter, it would show up. But seeing as how your story is a one-shot I'm not sure how it works.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    At the moment, I can see it in Hermione Jean Granger's profile but not Hermoine Jean Granger's profile but then I can't even find Hermoine Jean Granger's profile. Also, it's suddenly showing up twice in my account area though still only showing up once in the category

I suppose I could delete and resubmit but the date for the challenge has passed so I'd need to know that it could get accepted straight away.

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Marauder by Midnight
    coolh5000 - Everything has been fixed. It is no longer necessary to resubmit.

katrin4p
    No, I meant the usergroup. The students usergroup. Once you join it, and the term ends, you automatically leave the usergroup, right? You have to keep re-joining term after term ... ? Or no? That's basically what I was wondering.

--Ana

myownmuggle
    katrin4p: Nope. Once you are in the user group, you remain in the user group until you are manually removed by the group administrator. So if you were a member in the summer term, you're still a member come Autumn.

kritchen
    I'm not sure if this has been asked or not, and I did search this thread for it. However, I'm having absolute issues with teh co-author choice for submitting stories. I submitted a story for the August Inter-House challenge which I wrote with Mistletoe. When I type her name in, she comes up. Then when I click on the name to select her as co-author, it completely disappears. I don't know what is happening. Help?

Marauder by Midnight
    kritchen - Your co-author problem has been fixed and is related to coolh5000's problem just a few posts earlier.

PLEASE PM ALL SPECIFIC CO-AUTHOR/COAUTHOR PROBLEMS TO ME.

11. 09-02-2008, 04:30 PM