Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

Marauder by Midnight

Ask a Moderator - Part 16

Please view our Forum's Frequently Asked Questions and Archive's Frequently Asked Questions before posting your questions here, and also make sure your question has not already been asked. (These threads are searchable!)

[The more people ask the same question, the more pages there are, which cause more people to not take the time to read it, causing them to post the same question and the vicious cycle continues]

When asking a question that specifically applies to you, your account, or a particular story, you MUST provide the pertinent information, such as your uid.

Please, allow MODERATORS ONLY to answer the questions in this thread.

If you have a question which doesn't need to be answered by moderators, please ask Dumbledore's Navy in the Check-In Desk.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    I know Beth has posted that she is on vacation so I though I would put this here so another MOD could see it (sorry I didn't know who to PM). I know awhile back there was a post somewhere about there being pop-up-ads on the archives, I was pretty sure it was resolved but I just wanted to let someone know that I am getting them again. I just logged on to finish reading and judging gauntlet submissions, I have clicked on 4 different stories and then finally the home page and they are all getting pop-ups. None of them are vulgar, but I just wanted to find out if we are now using these to fund the site or, to let someone know we have been hacked again. I did notice that one of them said 'More from Blogher' I don't know of this is a site or a user but there it is if it is helpful.
    ~Kristy

Marauder by Midnight
    butter_beer_drinker - Don't worry. We have not been hacked.

4. 08-01-2008, 05:16 PM

James Jameson
    Are we allowed to start new topics in threads like the Room of Requirement (examples: Music to your HP??)

Thanks!

Tine

Fourth Year Gryffindor
    Swallowing the Golden Snitch
    In the last few days I have noticed, not popups (I think my popup blocker is stopping that) but advertisements, on the archives (T-mobile, Vonage, Carhartt work pants, Cheerios). I know in the past this has been an 'advertisement-free' site, and I even remember reading something about that, somewhere). Has there been a change in policy? And if so, will it be announced on the home page of the archives?

I write; I duel; I drabble

Banner by bubblegumpinkhair

Banner by YourWildestDreams

Marauder by Midnight
    James Jameson - Again, this thread is for general questions. If you have questions about a specific forum, you need to contact the moderator in charge. Generally, users are allowed to create threads. However, I believe in the Room of Requirement your thread must be manually approved by a moderator.

indigo mouse - We were a little late in making the news post regarding the new ads, but I've posted the announcement.

dramaqueen3107
    Today I went to the main MNFF site and found, rather than "AThousandYears," this was the layout. The little drop-down list said that I had selected "AThousandYears" as my layout, but I got the strange Death Eater layout rather than the normal one. After I clicked on another layout it went away, and it didn't come back. I was just wondering if that was a glitch or not because I haven't seen this reported yet.

Questioningly Yours,
    DQ3107

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    That is another layout that we have on our site, though it shouldn't have turned up for you so I'm guessing that it was a small glitch, yes. If your normal layout has returned, don't worry. Hopefully, it won't happen again.

10. 08-04-2008, 06:30 AM

11. 08-05-2008, 10:46 PM

12. 08-06-2008, 03:17 PM

MissyQuill
    Hello lovely modlies.

I think my Author Page has a slight glitch. It says I only have 3 stories archived in the bracket beside my penname when I in fact have 22.

What should I do/whom should I contact? Also, my oplogies if this si not the right place to ask. Please feel free to redirect me to where I can ask this.

thanks you for making MNFF amnazing.*hugs*=Sammy

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Lately I have been noticing a glitch whenever I add a new chapter. Whenever I try to add chapter notes or the summary for a story, the break (<br/>) doesn't work, even when it is typed in. There's no error message or anything, it just refuses to do it.

Is this a glitch, or is this something that was intentional?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!