Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

Josh
    editing?

Hey, sorry to ask a question in a new post, but I can't edit my posts in several places such as in this forum and EoM.

Is this deliberately off, an error, or because I'm not in a house yet.

Thanks,

~Josh

songbook99
    Merlin_Helz, the August Monthly Challenge has already been judged and the results were posted in the House points thread. If that is not the challenge you were referring to, you might want to PM the mod who was in charge of that challenge.

jecleaver2, can you send me the exact error you are getting when you try to change your avatar? I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out what is happening.

Rhi for HP, I've not heard of that problem before and have no idea why you'd have an additional story listed there if you only have 5. You might want to email or PM Beth and she might be better able to help than I am.

Rita Skeeter, are you adding any notes or anything to your chapter when you're submitting it? Does it all you to preview your whole submission or do you get the word count problem as soon as you try to do that? You can email (Karin@fanfiction.mugglenet.com) or PM me the specifics about the problem and I can see what I can figure out.

hermione_granger4life, thank you for letting use know. We try to catch these users but don't always have the time to go after all of them. Feel free to PM me the users' usernames and I'll go ahead and take care of them.

Josh, is the + on the archive or the forum? I'm not seeing it on either one with either of the browers I use (Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox), so it might be your browser as you suggested.

As for your second question, you are not able to edit your posts in certain forums because your posts still need to be moderated. Once you have been added to your House's usergroup, you'll be able to edit your posts.

Sainyn Swiftfoot, the 'usergroup threads' are exactly like the VMA and BA threads that were first in the Room of Requirement before they were moved to their own forum and sub-forum.

Savannah Hen Slytherin
    Sirius Black Entered Gryffindor Tower
    Quote Originally Posted by songbook99
    Merlin_Helz, the August Monthly Challenge has already been judged and the results were posted in the House points thread. If that is not the challenge you were referring to, you might want to PM the mod who was in charge of that challenge.
    I'm confused by this - which points thread were they posted in? Is it still around somewhere because I never saw them posted and I've been watching for it.

Thank you

edit: oh, i see there are points posted for an august monthly challenge but I think they're for the one in TTB and i (and I think Merlin_Helz) are referring to one in the Great Hall which was an interhouse co-op

Adrian won a QSQ! Thanks to Minnabird for the beautiful banner. Click on it to read Stolen Magic - the story of the second wizarding war through a very different character's eyes.

Potterphile12
    Quote Originally Posted by songbook99
    Josh, is the + on the archive or the forum? I'm not seeing it on either one with either of the browers I use (Internet Explorer and Mozilla Firefox), so it might be your browser as you suggested.
    Karin, I know I'm not supposed to answer questions in here, but I know what he's talking about. Pluses appear next to users names on the forums that you've added to your buddy list. It doesn't have anything to do with browsers and doesn't really do anything (as far as I know) other than let you know a member of your buddy list is online.

MissyQuill
    Suya love, i already PMed Josh the answer.

Also, when will the QWC be judged? i know Nicole and Gonz are busy peolpe but I was wondering if there is a certain date. Thanks.

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Sammie - Gonz and I are working out the last minute fine tuning for the QWC.

I wouldn't be surprised if a winner was announced in the next day or so. We're both online at opposite times so it's mostly PMs being passed back and forth but the winner looks to be in sight.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hello

As the queue has re-opened today I thought I'd add my second chapter but I don't seem to have the 'add a chapter' option in my account. I have 'add new story' but not chapter.

Thank-you

Carole
    xxx
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Hufflepuff at Heart
    Is the queue open yet? Sorry, I just wasn't sure if there would be notification or not!

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it
    I saw in Roxy's post that the queue is not open yet, but I thought it would open today at midnight, so I submitted something. Should I delete it and wait till Roxy posts or leave it that way? Sorry for the inconvienece! *heddesk*
    Mapoi

James Jameson
    Uhm.... i tried to log in to the black lake, and i've got the right password and everything, but it keeps saying that it's incorrect...
    Do I need a mods permission before trying to log in??