Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    Snape Hates Me

I know how super busy you mods have been lately, we all appreciate the work you have been doing.

Do you know when the August challenge (Interhouse Co-Op) is going to be judged, or is it kinda on the back burner right now? Also when it is judged, where will the results be posted?

Thanks guys!

xoxo
    Helen
    Write--Poem--Twitter

A Different View On Love Now Complete!
    Banner by amazing minnabird

jecleaver2
    I was just trying to put a new avatar on, and it kept telling me invalid URL, because I only use the URL to get the avatars on. So could you tell me if you know anything about that?

Thank you in advance.

James

Rhi for HP
    Hi mods,

This isn't very pressing, just a bit of a conundrum for me. On my author page it claims I have six stories... but no matter how I count them, I get five. Could this be due to the fact that many months ago I deleted one of my stories? But it never used to add one to my total...Hmm...

Thanks for your time!

Rhi

Rita Skeeter
    Hello! I am having a problem with wordcount in the chapters I submit to MNFF. My word processor will say something like 9,967 but when I preview the chapter on MNFF it STILL says that I have too many words.

I am seriously starting to go crazy -- I thought I had exactly 10,000 words before and have been cutting back ever since, but I don't know how much to cut if the numbers do not match between the site and Word.

Do you have any suggestions? I am very particular about the progression of events in my fic, and this chapter is extremely important (as is everything within it), so I don't want to split it into two chapters. Is this a problem with my Microsoft Word miscounting words? Or is it something on MNFF that I am not aware of?

Thank you!

Evester
    Hey Mods! I'm curious, what's this new forum called the Black Lake? Sorry if it's been posted somewhere else, I did check the announcements page.

hermione_granger4life
    I just had a quick question. If we see lots of new users who are posting up links to inappropriate websites in their siggies AND using inappropriate names, should we pm each one we find to a mod or just assume they will find them eventually? Because I've seen several with bad links in their siggies and now they're starting to make bad names. All of them have the same info as well. Like starting with their bio it's: Man, a random country, username, and country again. They've been making random accounts for two days now, like TONS of accounts but now they're posting up bad links and creating bad usernames. Just wanted to know what to do will all the info

**Em

James Jameson
    What's the black lake?

Cuz maybe I'd like to sign up, but I don't even know how it works, or what it even IS!

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Re: Inappropriate signatures/links: PM the names to a mod and we will take care of it.

Better yet, send it to your Head of House.

The Black Lake will be explained soon enough, don't you worry!

I think those are the two that I feel the most comfortable asnwering right now. Sorry!

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

Josh
    Sorry if this has already been posted, I had a quick skim through.
    Some people have pluses (+) next to their names, is this just my browser (Safari) messing up, deliberate (i.e. what does it mean?) or a coding error?

Thanks,

~Josh

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    The Room Of Requirement: This room is whatever we need it to be. Off topic Harry Potter related chatter and usergroup threads belong here.

What does the "usergroup threads" thing mean exactly? Is it like the VMA and the BA, before they got their own forums, used to be just a thread over there?

~BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives