Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

A.H.
    Err.. I think quite a few of them were there before closure, but I don't think that's the problem.

I can see roughly ten stories (they're in alphabetical order, but I'm sure you know that ). I can't see any stories after those, whether the story I'm looking for was just added or not. So it's not a matter of when the story was added to the favorites... What it is a matter of, I haven't the slightest...

I could just delete 'em all and start over, but I thought there might be a chance of receiving the stories. If not, I don't really mind.

Arianna

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    A.H. ~

Let's begin by author names and story titles. If you remember either of them, PM me (don't post it here) and I'll see if I may be of some assistance.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3

3. 09-27-2008, 08:20 PM

Azhure
    Hi,

I currently have a chapter of a story in the queue, but I want to delete it. I went to the Manage Stories section, but I couldn't delete the chapter without deleting the entire story. Is there a way you could change this? I understand if you can't/don't; I can wait until it's been validated/rejected. I would just prefer to be able to delete it now.

Thanks.

~~Azhure~~

Marauder by Midnight
    wildchild - You can request a new password by using the "Lost Password" function located on the Login page.

Azhure - Your chapter was deleted today by me upon your request, though I could've sworn you can delete chapters in queue by going to "View All Chapters" in your Manage Stories section. If you can't, let me know and I'll fix it.

6. 09-29-2008, 12:40 AM

Azhure
    Quote Originally Posted by Beth
    Azhure - Your chapter was deleted today by me upon your request, though I could've sworn you can delete chapters in queue by going to "View All Chapters" in your Manage Stories section. If you can't, let me know and I'll fix it.
    Err, there's a bit of a problem. You have seemed to have deleted my whole story! But it was only a prologue and the chapter in the queue, so it's no big deal if I just have to resubmit.

And with the 'View All Chapters' option, I go into my Manage Stories section, and the only option is delete. I click that and then it comes up with the usual delete message: 'Are you sure you want to delete this story? All chapters beneath it will be deleted as well!'

Thanks.

~~Azhure~~

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    My story, The Unknown Heir has been deleted. I received the validation letter from Pondering on 9/05. This was for the Prologue. I submitted Chapter 1, before the queue closed. The entire story has been deleted. I did not receive a rejection letter for chapter 1.

The story was submitted to Post Hogwarts because only the Prologue takes place in an earlier time. The rest of the story is set after the final battle. There was an AU warning listed on it.

Can someone please tell me what happened to my story? Why was it deleted after being validated? And was chapter 1 rejected or just accidentally deleted with the prologue?
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    I was looking at the group Memberships...

What are Healers?

Also, in the "Forum Leaders", what are Unspeakables?

~BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

songbook99
    Azhure, thank you for letting us know about the deletion. However, this thread is for questions only so that we can keep it as clutter free as possible. Next time, you can just PM Beth (or whichever mod you are responding to) directly and that will save space and make it easier to fix the deletion through the personal correspondence. Thanks!

mudbloodproud, I'm not sure what happened with your story, but it sounds like the submitted chapter was probably rejected and when the mod went to delete it, they accidentallly hit the wrong button and deleted the whole thing. My suggestion is that you contact Tash (Pondering) and let her know as soon as you've resubmitted your approved Prologue so she can go ahead and approve it again so you can resubmit your first chapter.

Sainyn Swiftfoot, Healers are members who have taken part in the Hospital Wing project. There haven't been any new members in that group for a while because we haven't had the project in a while.

Unspeakables are moderators.

vampitude
    Sorry if this is in the wrong place, mods, but the thread in the Great Hall looked abandoned...

Are there going to be any big, Great Hall worthy challenges posted soon? Just out of curiosity, because I know you guys are working your tails off right now.

Rose

Slytherin Mom Slytherin
    Unspeakable
    You're Fraternising with the Enemy!!!
    Rose, I am so glad you asked, hehe . . .

Great Hall ---> Duelling Club.

We are now holding weekly and/or bi-weekly challenges so, to answer your question, YES, there are opportunities to earn points there!

Yay.

~Nicole
    Avvie is pic of my number one fans, Rielly and Mason! xoxo

Banner by SimplyBeing
    Read The Forum Rules! They're Etched in Stone . . .
    KC - My Friend Through Modship - Rest in Peace. <3