Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

MithrilQuill
    I've just received a PM from a genius of an author letting me know that there is a way to edit stories with the current settings.

If you click on the actual story in Mange stories the little Edit button still works.

Just thought that would help!

EDIT: I'd like to remind everyone that editing fics that are in Queue will change their time-stamp so it'll look like you just submitted. This means that to us mods it will look like a fic that has been submitted after the deadline and we will delete it. So, as usual, don't edit anything that's already in the Queue while it's closed.

apollo13
    . . . But I'm confused. That's what the whole deal's about, we've lost the manage stories thingy in our account pages.

EDIT: Ignore me, I should check my account page before I get confused in the future.

~Evie

wildchild

Question

Hi,
    I can't log onto MNFF (But I obviously get onto the forums just fine) appraently my password doesn't match. I can't remember what e-mail I have for my account, so I cant reset my password, what shoudl I do?
    Thanks,
    S.

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Rescued by Gred and Forge...er, Fred and George
    Whenever I try to make a new topic in the "Suggestions" forum, I get this message:

Sainyn Swiftfoot, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
    2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Log Out Home
    ~BB

banner by my mystery banner maker! :O

Profile on the Archives

Rome
    Hey mods! Just a few quick questions:

1)On MNFF, I've checked the 'Yes' box which says:
    I am of the age of consent in my locale to view materials with adult content. I realize that by agreeing, the normal warnings for stories with adult content will be by-passed.
    But I still get the warnings before reading stories.
    Any idea why?

2)Is there a 'Quick Reply' funtion for the boards?
    I tried going through the 'Options', but couldn't find anything.

3)I tried making a New Thread in the suggestions forum, but I don't have permission.
    Is it that I don't have enough posts?
    EDIT: Yeah, I get the same message as Sainyn Swiftfoot. =)

Thanks in advance! =D

/.Rome

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Apologies guys, you should be able to make your threads now.

Rome - As far as I know, we all get the warnings because we feel people should be warned before reading those fictions. Even if you've ticked the box, it's not nice to be surprised by things like that. As long as it then lets you onto the fiction, it's fine. If it doesn't, please contact me via PM and I'll try and sort it out for you.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Quick Reply." We have two ways to reply to a post, either click the Reply button at the bottom of the thread, or the "quote" button to quote a specific post in your reply.

wildchild - if you're still having problems, please PM me.

Rome
    Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Black
    Rome - As far as I know, we all get the warnings because we feel people should be warned before reading those fictions. Even if you've ticked the box, it's not nice to be surprised by things like that. As long as it then lets you onto the fiction, it's fine. If it doesn't, please contact me via PM and I'll try and sort it out for you.
    Okay, thanks! =D

Quote Originally Posted by Roxy Black
    I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Quick Reply." We have two ways to reply to a post, either click the Reply button at the bottom of the thread, or the "quote" button to quote a specific post in your reply.
    Uhmmm ... it's on quite a few forums I go on.
    Here's basically what it means:

The Quick Reply box appears underneath topics enabling a member to post a message on the same topic page, rather than clicking the reply button and loading a new page to post a reply on the posting screen.

Quick reply can be disabled, enabled, and enabled but collapsed by default for any members by applying their preference for it in their profile.
    Here's what it looks like:
    http://img3.imagebanana.com/img/lv81g/quickreply.PNG

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    Rome - We don't have that feature, I'm afraid.

A.H.
    Modlies, please don't flog me but I can't find the Navy! To my knowledge, they answer the little questions, right?

I just have a question. I have about seventeen favorite stories over on the site, but when I go to my statistics, I can only see about ten of them. This is super irritating as I want to see if some stories from long ago were updated, but I don't remember the titles or authors... hence why I bookmarked em I've searched the page for a link or something that goes to the rest of them, but I haven't found it.

If any of you beauties could help me, I will love you forevermore.

Arianna

songbook99
    A.H., were the missing stories listed just before the queue closure? It is possible that those that you are missing might have been removed from the site. Unfortunately without knowing the titles or the authors it may be impossible to track them down.