Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

fawkeshermione221

Fic Still in Queue

Hello,

I sent in a story over two weeks ago now, and it hasn't been validated, rejected, or deleted from the queue. I contacted a mod over a week ago and still no thing has happened. I've checked to make sure that I submitted it correctly more than once. Am I doing something wrong?

I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I don't mean to bother you. I'm just desperately confused.

~Vivian~

EDIT: Nevermind. I just got a rejection letter...

ariastess
    I hope I'm in the right place to post this. I posted a story about two weeks ago under the general category it has not been validated or rejected. I assume the queue is probably really full under the general category, and I wouldn't post otherwise but I tried to submit this story about a year ago and never received any sort of response whatsoever, it was deleted twice with no rejection letter or any follow-up at all. I kept writing, for my own amusement mostly, but I would like to share the story, since I am fond of it.

Thanks!

3. 08-22-2008, 08:03 PM

James Jameson
    I have a question:

When I go to the "Quick Links" and go to "Who's Online", there are numerous users like: MSNBot Spider, Google Spider, Yahoo!Spider, etc. Who are they, and what do they do??

Marauder by Midnight
    ariastess - I would recommend you use the I didn't get a rejection letter thread if you have problems getting letters from our site. Or I would recommend you find a more reliable email server who doesn't filter out our letters. For a list of email providers, I would suggest you read our FAQ page in the help section of our main site.

James Jameson - Spiders are used by search engine sites to catalogue pages for search purposes. When they're crawling around our site, it means that they're taking note of searchable terms so that Mugglenet Fan Fiction and its beta forums will pop up when you search from them using Yahoo, Google, MSN, etc. They do not interfere with function, so don't worry about them.

6. 08-24-2008, 05:56 AM

Breakiing Dawn
    Hi.
    I am new here, and I sent a PM to songbook99 asking for a sorting quiz a little more then 10 days ago. (The day I registered I sent the PM) and I haven't gotten an answer and was just wondering if she is out of town or something. A member here (I don't remember her name) said that I should contact a mod after 10 days.
    ~Breakiing Dawn

Julie's Edit: Please be patient. songbook99 will get the Sorting Quiz to you as time permits with real life contstraints.

Marauder by Midnight
    You'll have to be patient a little longer. You should contact a mod in 10 days if your story hasn't been validated or rejected. That does not apply to sorting quizzes as they are scored manually. Please read our FAQ.

Schmerg_The_Impaler
    I have a big problem with my PMs. I can't delete them anymore.

I got a message with a really long subject line that accidentally messed up the formatting of my inbox, so now it doesn't display the little checkboxes you can use to delete messages. I can still delete the sent files, but not my regular.

The page looks like this:

Colores
    Schmergo - Click on "Empty folder" which will delete all of your PMs. Or, you can click on each PM individually and delete it down at the bottom where it says "Delete PM" (drop down menu).

Ebil Gato Loco Ravenclaw
    He's The Dog... He's An Animagus...
    Dear Mods -

The PM system is all wonky. It won't let me send messages to anyone other than my HoH. Every time I try to send a message I get an error message. Is this a forum-wide problem currently? Or is it just specific to me? Obviously, I cannot PM back and forth so I wouldn't mind if you emailed me directly.

~R

Final Edit: I tested out a theory - and it worked. The PM system is only letting me send SHORT messages to anyone I please. However, they're like uber short! I'd still like you guys to fix this seeing as short messages are not conducive to any productivity. Sorry for being all annoying. =] But I do need to send out long messages to users. So I hope this is fixable. Thanks again!

I've left moddom/fandom...though don't be surprised if I get caught lurking once in a blue moon.
    All questions pertinent to Ravenclaw need to be sent to ToBeOrNotToBeAGryffindor
    If you wish to keep in touch, feel free to friend me on LJ - I don't friend anyone under the age of 18. Sorry!

Otherwise, so long, and thanks for all the fish!

Fifth Year Ravenclaw
    Looking for Nicholas Flamel

Hey modlies. I apologise if this has been asked before, but I scanned the thread and didn't find anything...

Anyway, whenever I try to edit my bio on my author's page, I get a warning that says "501 Not implemented". I've tried clearing my cookies to no avail. Is this a problem on my end?

EDIT: Ah, the joys of reading through the whole forum before asking a question. Thanks, guys.

GORGEOUS banner by Kat/Mistletoe! Thank you so much!
    Icon by me [disillusion_row on livejournal].