Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

Marauder by Midnight
    kir_baby - All of your questions are answered in the forum FAQ and the fanfiction FAQ. Please take the time to read those before exploring our site.

Tim the Enchanter - Unfortunately, our site does not support Cyrillic letters.

Viv - PM me the image you are trying to add as your avatar. Make sure it is not animated. It is possible that your image is too big regardless of the "or".

Hermoine Jean Granger - Your review may include some tags that are not compatible with our system or that are confusing the HTML. Do your reviews include incorrect HTML tags, hyphens, or slashes? Try taking them out before posting your reviews.

shadolily - Please read the FAQ.

Vida Lupin
    Hello Mods I'm new to this site and I have a few questions. I am so sorry if these questions have been answered but I'm just getting used to the site and I haven't found these questions asked anywhere yet.

When requesting a beta reader and I haven't finished the story yet, I just want them to review the chapter, what am I supposed to say for the word count? Am I supposed to finish the story before I have a beta reader have a go at it? If so why does the site give me an option for saying the story isn't finished?

Also whenever I try to add an author or a story as my favorite it acts like it normally would if the request had gone through but when I look at my account information I don't have any favorite authors or stories.

shadolily
    I checked the FAQ and nothing helpful came up. Sorry to bother you again, and usually I wouldn't care, but I'm going to try to get into the BA soon....so I need my posts to count...

i AM lily potter
    Sorry to bother you, Moderators, but I've been receiving a bunch of emails saying that one of my favorite stories has been updated. But when I go to look, there appear to have been no updates! Is this a problem on my end?

Thanks,
    Victoria

Marauder by Midnight
    shadolily - There is a question titled "Why do only some of my posts count?" on the FAQ page. Please take a look at what's detailed there.

i AM lily potter - There is a possibility that the author had just submitted a new chapter to the queue. You'll get another notification if the chapter has been validated.

On a completely unrelated note, banners may now be used again in your profile. The error was on my part entirely but has been fixed

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have recently noticed a new "Manage Images" option on the fanfiction site (which makes me very excited, by the the way) and I just had a few questions.

1)When we submit a new images, where is it posted? I tried playing around with it, but couldn't figure out where it went.

2)The space dimentions for it are 500x300, but it doesn't seemed to allow 500 pixels. Maybe this is a glitch.

3)Do we use this now instead of the old way of posting images?

This is a new option, though. Maybe your still working out a few thing. But thank you so, so much. Molly like!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Euphrates
    I still can't use banners in my profile. Do I need to upload the images to MNFF now instead of photobucket?

--Kate

EDIT: Will do. =)

myownmuggle
    For everyone who has questions regarding the Manage Images feature in your profile on the archive:

We are still working to adjust the Manage Images feature, so please be patient. We'll make an announcement when all the kinks have been worked out. For now, it's probably best not to try using it as we're still exploring how to make it work with our site.

taltalz

Responding to reviews

I'm new to the whole idea of responding to reviews, so I'm not sure if there's a way to edit author's responses or not. My impression was that there isn't. If that's the case, I accidentally somehow added the same response to a specific review three times. Additionally, there is a typo there that I would like to fix, which isn't crucial but if I'm asking anyway... Is there any way to fix this?

10. 08-19-2008, 10:26 PM

11. 08-20-2008, 02:48 AM

myownmuggle
    taltalz: If you will send me a link to the reviews in question, I will see what I can do for you.

13. 08-20-2008, 11:50 PM