Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask a Moderator - Part 16

Marauder by Midnight
    MissyQuill - Your problem has been addressed before in the previous Ask a Moderator thread as well as the Site Upgrade Forum. Long answer short - it's a glitch with the system that has still not been fixed yet.

OliveOil_Med - You can use either the <br> or the <br /> tag. If you're not putting in the space, it's not going to work, so I suggest you use the <br> tag.

TCole
    I'm not sure if this goes here or not (if it doesn't, I am extremely sorry!) but.. I posted a review on one of Sammy's (MissyQuill's) stories on the archives, and it's not showing the entire thing. I've posted it on there twice, and each time it cuts it off at the same spot. I wouldn't normally mind, but I did this review for one of my reviews for SPEW, and .. yeah.

I just want to know if there's any way of getting the entire review to show up, or if I'm just pretty much beat? Lol.

Thanks so much in advance.

-Tiffany

sayiansirius
    TCole: Sometimes this happens due to the tags that are in the review. Make sure that all you tags are correct and that you don't have any extra ( /'s ) in there somewhere. Then try again and see if that works.

Elmindreda
    Dear Mods,

Whom should I address with an application to teach a class in the Fall term? Our Headmistress' signature still says that she is not available, Roxy kindly recommended me to contact Thea/ProfPosky, who has not been answering any of the four PMs addressed to both on the issue.

Thank you very much for giving me the opportunity to ask this question.

~El

Ultimate Cosmic Power Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Aunt Marge Makes A Better Blimpe...
    I'm very sorry that you haven't received a reply. Please do feel free to send your application to me, once more. I thought Thea was around but perhaps she's gone on holiday. Again, very sorry.
    ~ Roxy

kir_bay

Question Concerning Timing

So, I just signed up, yesterday in fact, anyways my few questions are 'How long, on average, does it take to be sorted into a house?', 'Once sorted into a house can you post threads and such?' and "How long, once again on average, does it take for a story to be validated?'

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class

Cyrillic Letters

Hello Mods,

I'm writing a fic that uses Cyrillic letters, but the site doesn't seem to be able to read them, even though it did several months ago. For instance, now when I write:

“Го Пролетариат, Баби!”

It comes out like this...

“h3;l6; ill6;l3;km0;k2;ll0;k2;m0;, h1;k2;k3;l0;!”

Is there anyway to make the Cyrillic letters show up? One of the chapters of my story has a bunch of Russians in it, and I want to use their alphabet in a few places for added extra flavour.

Tim the Enchanter

Vous parlez français? Slytherin
    Filch is a Squib!
    Hi ! I have a question, though I'm not sure it's the right place to post it. I've been trying to upload an avatar under my username, but I always get the same error message saying that the remote file is too large. The size of the said avatar is 100 x 100 pixels and 22,5 KB. I know it's over the 19,5 KB limit permitted by the forum, but since it is 100 x 100, I thought it was one or the other. It says on the Edit Avatar page "Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 100 by 100 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller)". So is it just me who's not getting it or should it be working, as it meets the 100 x 100 criteria??

Banner by bittersweet_lullaby! Let's go back in time!

Hermoine Jean Granger

Question

I have been unable to post my reviews in the archives for the past two days. Everytime I click on the 'Submit Review' button, the page takes a lot of time to load and then I get a message saying 'Action Unsuccessful'.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I deleted almost all of my reviews a day before I started facing this problem.

shadolily
    My post count has been at 22 for at least the last couple months and I know I've posted at least 10 times, but it's always stayed the same. Why is this?