Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubeus Hagrid

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once

Rubeus Hagrid

Hi,
    I hope I am posting this in the right board. I am new to posting. If this is the wrong board, let me know.

I am currently writing an AU fanfic involving Harry, Ron and Hermione post DH, shortly after the Battle at Hogwarts.

I am looking to find out what Hagrid's reaction would be to finding out a major 'secret' concerning Harry and Hermione was kept from him by Professor Dumbledore.

We know Hagrid is loyal to Dumbledore and often states what a great man Dumbledore is.

We also know he is very protective over Harry and identifies with him being an orphan. He also has some protective feelings for Ron and Hermione.

Being trusted to bring Harry to his Aunt's house the night Harry's parents were killed, he has Dumbledore's trust. How would he react to find out he wasn't trusted enough to be given all the facts?

I know I am not giving you much to go on about the 'secret'. But any help you can give me would be appreciated.

Thanks
    Terri aka mudbloodproud

WendelinTheWeird
    I think his reaction would definitely depend on the secret.

Hagrid could be ok with it. He trusts that Dumbledore kept it from him for a good reason. He trusts Dumbledore's judgement.

OR, Hagrid may react more strongly, possibly by hiding from everyone in his hut, crying, drinking, etc.- his classic strong emotional reaction.

witch6
    We have seen in the series that though Dumbledore trusts Hagrid, he doesn't always tell him everything. Actually, Dumbledore trusts a lot of people and we have never seen him being totally open and frank to anyone. I personally feel that whoever knows Dumbledore, realises that. And Hagrid has known Dumbledore for years, so I really believe that he knows he'd never know everything about Dumbledore.

The other point that you have mentioned is about Hagrid's feelings for the Trio. We know he loves them and they love him too, but never really got the feeling of them being, you know, best-friendish close. So, Hagrid does hide a lot of stuff (ignoring the fact they could always get out whatever he hid) from them and so do they. To be honest, I can't really think of a situation where Hagrid would blame them for not telling him something, so it really depends on your 'secret'.

Having said all this, I don't think Hagrid would be angry on not being told something. If it's something really big, then he might be hurt and doubt himself, but I really can't see another reaction from him.

cmwinters
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbloodproud
    I am looking to find out what Hagrid's reaction would be to finding out a major 'secret' concerning Harry and Hermione was kept from him by Professor Dumbledore.

We know Hagrid is loyal to Dumbledore and often states what a great man Dumbledore is.

We also know he is very protective over Harry and identifies with him being an orphan. He also has some protective feelings for Ron and Hermione.

Being trusted to bring Harry to his Aunt's house the night Harry's parents were killed, he has Dumbledore's trust. How would he react to find out he wasn't trusted enough to be given all the facts?
    Hagrid is a great guy with strengths and weaknesses. I think he is quite well aware that one of his profound weaknesses is his inability to hold his tongue, particularly when security is at stake.

My feeling is that he'd be really hurt, but he'd also probably say something along the lines of (in whatever dialect it is that Hagrid speaks) "well, he probably figured after that whole dragon egg/7 Potters/whatever thing that he had to be careful around me" or some such.

tbsbooboo
    I think a lot of people have the right idea in believing that Hagrid knows Dumbledore keeps secrets from everyone.
    I must admit, that not knowing the secret makes it hard to judge someone's reaction, but I understand why you wouldn't want to spill it.
    Lets just say that Hagrid has two main reactions.
    He either takes it well, or he goes and hides in his hut. You will have to gauge his reaction on the secret.
    T

leahsm2
    I think Hagrid is extremely proud, but I also think he had incredibly strong feelings for Dumbledore and would have respected his decisions. The times Hagrid was upset didn't have anything to do with his being out of the loop, but were for good reasons (even if his emotions were a bit overblown.) It's hard for me to imagine a secret which was for Harry's own good, that would've upset Hagrid, but I am flying blind!

Plus, with Dumbledore being long dead, and Harry having for all intents and purposes, come back from the dead, the only way it would upset Hagrid, I can think of is it could've put him in some sort of jeopardy, but even then he'd do anything for Harry or Dumbledore, and I can't see Harry or Dumbledore harming Hagrid. Hope that makes sense

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I just had the most random though while cleaning out my closet and it will not leave me alone.

Whatever happened to Hagrid's pink umbrella. We see it in SS and it seems to be rather important, but we never see it again for the rest of the story. Did something happen to it and I am just not remembering it, or did it just disappear like I am thinking?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    I just had the most random though while cleaning out my closet and it will not leave me alone.

Whatever happened to Hagrid's pink umbrella. We see it in SS and it seems to be rather important, but we never see it again for the rest of the story. Did something happen to it and I am just not remembering it, or did it just disappear like I am thinking?
    His pink umbrella is seen throughout the series. I remember in CoS, Fudge was talking to Hagrid about his expulsion and asked if Hagrid didn't use the pieces of his broken wand, at which point Hagrid tenses up with his umbrella or something. The last use that I can remember is in Deathly Hallows, during the chase of the Seven Harrys from Privet Drive. The sidecar was coming off of Hagrid's motorbike, and Hagrid used his pink umbrella to do a reparo, which just backfired and split the sidecar from the bike.

Tim the Enchanter

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Hagrid definitely has his pink umbrella at the Battle. Just after Lavender falls from the balcony and the spiders enter the castle (page 519, Brit hardback edition) Hagrid rushes out brandishing his flowery pink umbrella and trying to protect the spiders.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

bellatrix-black-lestrange

Rubeus Hagrid

hmm... Hagrid respects Dumbledore so much that most probably he would be quite understanding and find away to convince himself that Dumbledore hid this secret for the best, even if he didn't fully understand why.
    But on the other hand Hagrid can get all emotional, like when Harry, Ron, and Hermione dropped his class. He skulked around avoiding them until they confronted him.

So maybe you could make his initial reaction all emotional and then he could come round and convince himself that there must have been a reason why Dumbledore hid this secret from him. It really does depend on the secret.

Best of Luck