Thread: Marriage Order

bluexroses

Marriage Order

Does anyone know in what order the Black sisters got married? Did Andromeda leave before or after the others were already married?

Thanks in advance!

megan_lupin
    It's not known, to be honest, since the tree just has birth years and the fact that marriages occurred, but not when they happened.

But I would guess that they probably married in the order of oldest to youngest.

Since the eldest, Bella, would have had that "nice, Pureblood marriage", I don't think there was a long time that she remained unmarried, and I'd take a pretty good guess that Andromeda did her runaway-to-marry-a-Muggleborn shortly after she left school.

~Megan

SnowyHedwig112
    I was under the impression that people in the Potterverse marry younger generally (mostly because they happen to find the person they'd like to spend the rest of their life with earlier than a lot of RL people do ), seeing as James and Lily died at the age of 21.

I imagine that Bellatrix married first, being the oldest, and likely having her marriage arranged first as such. Their parents were probably arranging Andromeda's marriage when she ran off with Ted, and I always imagined that Narcissa married last (her son is several years younger than Tonks).

~Kathy

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Andromeda, as she was an eloping bride, probably married when she was eighteen, possibly seventeen, but very soon after her graduation from Hogwarts. Bellatrix and Narcissa both had arranged marriages, so they probably didn't marry right after their graduations, but probably anywhere from ninteen to twenty-one.

Bellatrix was born in 1951, making her year of marriage anywhere from 1970 to 1973
    Bellatrix was born in 1953, making her year of marriage anywhere from 1971 to 1972
    Narcissa was born in 1955, making her year of marriage anywhere from 1974 to 1977

I hope this helped!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!