Thread: Wizard Weddings.

xCheersForTheEnd

Wizard Weddings.

Hi there. (=

So a chapter of a fic that I have just begun deals extensively with a Wizard Wedding, from the bride's point of view. I don't have my books on me at the moment, what does JK mention from Bill & Fleur's wedding? What do you imagine a wizarding wedding would be like? I have a somewhat formed idea as I'm writing, but I'd like to get some opinions of my fellow MNFF'ers.

Thanks!
    ~Jen.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    Fleur and Bill's wedding was celebrated in the Weasleys' garden. There was a huge white marquee with golden chairs, and in-between was a violett carpet for the bride to walk on.

The ceremony itself was held by someone from the Ministry (the same wizard who led Dumbledore's funeral - and I can't find HBP >.<). After the ceremony, which included the words:

Ladies and gentlemen, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of two faithful souls…

Do you, William Arthur, take Fleur Isabelle…?

… then I declare you bonded for life.
    Pretty much what's being said on all wedding ceremonies. And as for what exactly the Ministry official is saying in-between - you can write what you imagine.

After the ceremony some pretty things happened in applause to the new-wed couple:

The tufty-haired wizard waved his hand high over the heads of Bill and Fleur and a shower of silver stars fell upon them, spiralling around their now entwined figures. As Fred and George led a round of applause, the golden balloons overhead burst. Birds of paradise and tiny golden bells flew and floated out of them, adding their songs and chimes to the din.
    The official then let the canvas walls of the marquee vanish, they then stood underneath a canopy. The chairs had been lifted into the air (with the people having to get up at first of course) and regrouped themselves around the tables spread in the Weasleys' garden.

Next, a pool of molten gold spread from the centre of the tent to form a gleaming dance floor; ...
    And after that the party began. I don't think there's a prediscribed ordeal for a wedding's party, so you can - as with the actual spoken ceremony's text - make that up.

The only other things I noticed that were wizarding were these:

... a wedding cake topped with two model phoenixes that took flight when the cake was cut, or bottles of champagne that floated unsupported through the crowd.
    Yep, that's pretty much it. So you can take a simple Muggle wedding, add some magic here and there and voila! The perfect wizards' wedding.

Hope to have been of some help,

~Bine

PS: All quotes taken from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, chapter eight The Wedding
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

sophiewalpole

My veiw on wizard weddings

I am writing about a double wizard wedding myself in my fanfic, and I am going to base this on my auntie and uncles wedding as I was there as a bridesmaid I know all the ins and outs. This wedding was beautiful and I think that if you just write about what you think your wedding will be like then it might help you a little bit. For example I want my wedding in the famous Adelphi Hotel in Liverpool UK I want to release white doves at the end of the ceremony, I want to arrive in a horse and carriage, etc every girl dreams of a cinderella white wedding and this is mine. Write from the heart, it all counts.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    What do you imagine a wizarding wedding would be like?

Well, when I wrote a wizarding wedding two years ago, I did a lot of research online into various Celtic and Wiccan traditions, especially handfasting. I found all sorts of neat things to incorporate, including phrasing, and then made it all happen with magic, and had a very lovely wedding for Dumbledore. It took a lot of planning, but it was worth it! So I would google "Celtic Wedding" or "Wiccan Wedding" and go from there - if I had any bookmarks, I'd pass them on, but I don't. I really think a wizard's wedding would be different from a Muggle wedding, and that they would be most similar to Celtic or Wiccan traditions - maybe not in all ways, but in many. Good luck!
    ~Gina