Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dolores Umbridge

padfoot_returns
    No, I don't think Umbridge would ever marry and have kids. She obviously hates children with a passion as we can see from the books and I would never imagine her having her own kids. Also, she doesn't seem to have heart and a person without a heart just wouldn't have kids.

xxRiham

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Setting Off Fireworks in Potions Class
    I agree with padfoot_returns. Umbridge seems to have absolutely no sense of compassion, and I can't imagine her as a mother. She may be blindly obedient to Cornelius Fudge and admire him, but I don't think she loved him. If Umbridge did love anything, it would be her cats (presuming she had some instead of just plates with pictures of them), and I can see her spoiling those poor creatures rotten.

Tim the Enchanter

weasleywannabe47
    She never expressed the fact in the books that she "hated children". She simply hated disobedient children. And let's face it, Harry and co. weren't exactly cooperative. So, if she was planning to raise the twins to be obedient/perfect, it is feasible that she'd have kids.
    With that in mind, any new thoughts?

padfoot_returns
    I'm not sure exactly where (since I don't have the book with me right now) but I remember somewhere in OotP that it was mentioned that she wasn't "very fond of children". Also, in the movie, she said in the forest, "You know, I really do hate children." Even though that was from the movie and not from the book, I think we can call it evidence

xxRiham

Inverarity
    I wish it were true that someone without a heart would never have kids, but it's quite evident that people completely devoid of compassion and humanity do have children.

That said, weasleywannabe47 is correct: "I hate children" is something Umbridge said in the movie, but not in the books. (We could easily infer that she does hate children, but she never actually said that.) Her wall full of cat pictures was also emphasized rather more in the movie than it was in the book. It does seem as though they substituted for "children" for her, though.

I think you'd have to be a little AU for her to marry Fudge and have children, though. In canon, she was apparently childless (and not that young) by the end of the Deathly Hollows, and Rowling says she went to Azkaban after that.

weasleywannabe47
    Thanks, guys. I'm going with what Inverarity said and labeling it AU....

Also I'm gonna go for thay she was a 'Puff!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Dolores Umbridge was convicted of some very serious crimes, but she technically never killed anyone. How serious of a sentence do you think she was given when she was sent to Azkaban. On Law & Order, everyone who doesn't commit either twenty-five to life, or, in less serious crimes (usually accessory), fifteen to life.

How much time do you think she spent in Akaban? Do you think she would ever be released in the trio's lifetime?

Of course, the wizarding system doesn't always have the fairest justice system, with so many of her former students now in positions of power, maybe she would never get out. Even if it wasn't entirely legal to keep her after a certain number of years...

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

padfoot_returns
    I'm pretty sure she would be put in there for life. Although I'm not sure if they mentioned it in the books, you can pretty much guarantee that she did use the Unforgivable curses sometime through her crimes, which earns you life in Azkaban. Again, I'm not sure if they said she did in the books but I think that if she *almost* preformed it on 5th years, then she would defiantly preform it on Muggles, especially since the corruption in the Ministry would so open and not wrong.

xxRiham

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Do you think it was possible Umbridge's rein at the Ministry could have been seen as a form of treason in the eyes of the court? Then I could certainly see Umbridge as being held at Azkaban for the rest of her life.

What do you think the actual enditment at Umbridge's trial read as?

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Double posting because no one seemed to answer my questions about Umbridge. So I will ask them again along with some new questions as well.

Under what circumstances do you believe Umbridge would be released from prison? Do think the wizarding world has some kind of parole system? They might have something similar in place if they experience the same problems of overcrowding in prisons.

How do you see Umbridge as adapting to life in prison? What sort of prisoner do you think she would be?

And now, my old questions:

Do you think it was possible Umbridge's rein at the Ministry could have been seen as a form of treason in the eyes of the court? Then I could certainly see Umbridge as being held at Azkaban for the rest of her life.

What do you think the actual enditment at Umbridge's trial read as?

Brand New Story!