Thread: Snape's Timeline

Hybrid View

Rhi for HP

Snape's Timeline

Hi guys...Sorry for asking this here, but my comp is so backwards it won't load the lexicon (or YouTube, unfortunately ). Anyway...

I'm currently writing a Snape-centric fic and it's very important I get the timeline right. So:

How old is Snape when Lily and James get married? When they have Harry? When they die? When he meets Harry at Hogwarts? When he dies? And, just checking, we don't know for sure when Snape joins the Death Eaters or gets a position at Hogwarts, right? It's inferable, but not written somewhere for sure?

Thanks so much!

~Rhiannon

ms. leading
    How old is Snape when Lily and James get married?
    Lily and James were married very quietly sometime between summer of 1978 and fall of 1979.
    This would make Snape 19 at the time?

When they have Harry?
    Harry is born in July 1980, so Snape is 20 at the time.

When they die?
    A year later they die, he's 21.

When he dies?
    He dies in May 1998, making him 38 when he dies.

And, just checking, we don't know for sure when Snape joins the Death Eaters or gets a position at Hogwarts, right? It's inferable, but not written somewhere for sure?
    Lexicon says:
    1979 9 January: Snape turns 19 years old. Becomes Death Eater? It is not known to what extent he participated in Voldemort's reign of terror.
    He gets the job in 1981, making him either 20 or 21 at the time.

When he meets Harry at Hogwarts?
    Ten years after he gets the job Harry arrives at school, so he's about 31.

That hurt my head, and I hope I've got it all right. Someone could double check at http://www.hp-lexicon.info/timelines...ine_snape.html

Hope I've helped.
    ~ Cassie

Rhi for HP
    Thank you so much! Glad I got that info BEFORE I got too in-depth into the story...I had Snape dying at age 36...and joining the D.E.ers when he was 18...and yeah. Thanks!

~Rhiannon