Thread: Spells for the Marauders to use on Snape

Hybrid View

Kcharles

Spells for the Marauders to use on Snape

What would be some spells for the Marauders to use on Snape? Would they know Sectumsemprea, and would they try to use it? Thanks!

Lola-Louisa
    I don't think they'd use Sectumpsempra... it's too dark.

They used that levitating spell Snape made up. Maybe they'd use the one where the toenails grow really fast or the tongue gets stuck to the roof of the mouth.

Hope I helped!

Lola x

Lyratearsx
    I agree with Lola. Sectumpsempra is just too nasty for the Marauders.

I think he'd be more likely to do humiliating things- after all, he made soap bubbles come out of Snape's mouth and dangled him upside down. Not particularly nasty, but enough to make the person embarrassed.

Maybe something to change his hair color? Or permanently sticking something to his robes, like a badge saying "greasy git" or something? Maybe ruining his classwork?

I'll edit if I get any better ideas.

~Lyra

Hermoine Jean Granger
    Sectumsempra is just too dark for the Marauders, Though they were pranksters, I can't believe that they would use dark magic on anyone..... come on! they had a heart!!!

Some other pranks that they may have used: Attacking Snape with shampoo(since he was greasy-haired), causing him to vomit on his pudding, jinxing him with spells such as levicorpus and stupefy everytime they saw him, verbally assaulting him, making him rinse his mouth with soap and water every time he uttered a word like mudblood, transfiguring him into an animal like the way Moody did to Draco(James was exceptionally skilled at transfiguration..........Ollivander says in PS/SS that his wand was suitable for that)and giving him a babbling beverage .

Hope that helped!!

Ashley
    What about something along the lines of Ginny's Bat-Bogey hex? It's relatively harmless but still terribly embarrassing to the the one on the receiving end. The suggestions noted above are also very good!

Good luck with your story!
    Ashley

quibblequill
    They would NEVER use Sectumsempra. Never. While James and Sirius loathed Snape, they would not have resorted to dark magic. They are (were) way too proud and sure of themselves to do anything of the sort. They would see that as one of the worst sorts of betrayal. They (the Maurauders) gave most of their lives fighting against the Dark Arts, and they would never give up on that, even if they got to see Snivelly possibly cry.

However.........

I wouldn't put it past them to send Snape shampoo for Christmas. Not a spell, but otherwise effective. Maybe they would sabatage his stuff; make him look like an idiot in front of his friends, his teachers, and Lily; use his own spells against him; make him feel like a complete loser, ecetera, ecetera. Maybe even practice up on their jinxes and hexes, but they would DEFINITELY never stoop as low as to use the Dark Arts.

Maybe in your story they made up some new spells and need to test them out? I think they'd know the perfect candidate.