Thread: Help needed - Battle of Hogwarts

Courtneyyy

Help needed - Battle of Hogwarts

Is it mentioned anywhere about George's whereabouts during the Battle of Hogwarts?

As far as I am aware there is no mention of his whereabouts during the battle in Deathly Hallows, but I wanted to make sure before I went ahead and wrote about it.

Any help would be much appreciated =)

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Is it mentioned anywhere about George's whereabouts during the Battle of Hogwarts?

As far as I am aware there is no mention of his whereabouts during the battle in Deathly Hallows,
    Charlie was in the Battle of Hogwarts. He was one of those who stormed the castle after Harry "died". He is mentioned in chapter 36, 'A Flaw in the Plan', pg 734 (American version). He is mentioned just before the house-elves attack the Death Eaters.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your fic.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Black_Dust
    According to hp wikia it says that Fred and him were placed in charge by Kingsley Shacklebolt to make sure the castle's secret passages were defended. Besides that, personally, I can't remember hearing anything about him besides when he was with his family and Fred's body.

Hoped that helped you!
    ~KASEY

Courtneyyy
    Quote Originally Posted by mudbloodproud
    Charlie was in the Battle of Hogwarts. He was one of those who stormed the castle after Harry "died". He is mentioned in chapter 36, 'A Flaw in the Plan', pg 734 (American version). He is mentioned just before the house-elves attack the Death Eaters.

Hope this helps. Good luck with your fic.
    Yeah I seem to remember that too lol.
    Thanks for your help! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Black_Dust
    According to hp wikia it says that Fred and him were placed in charge by Kingsley Shacklebolt to make sure the castle's secret passages were defended. Besides that, personally, I can't remember hearing anything about him besides when he was with his family and Fred's body.

Hoped that helped you!
    ~KASEY
    Yeah, thats exactly what I thought. =P
    Thanks for your help also! =)

I think I have come to the conclusion that between the times of George and Fred being put in charge of guarding secret passages and in the Great Hall kneeling next to the bodies, George's whereabouts is not mentioned. =)

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    I just reread the original post then my response. I am sorry I did it again. I read George and thought Charlie. I did the same thing the other day in the Three Broomsticks round robin only I wrote George instead of Charlie. You would think I could keep the Weasley kids straight by now.

Anyway, yes, Fred and George did go off to guard the secret passages. At some point they split up, because there is a mention of Fred being with Hannah, Lee Jordan and a small group of other students guarding one of the secret passageways. Harry finds them after he splits from Hagrid while headed back to the Room of Requirement.

Sorry for any confusion.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare

George's wherabouts

George is mentioned again after Fred's death because he and Lee Jordon bring down Yaxley. It happens just before Molly's big fight with Bellatrix.
    Other than that he's guarding passages (we assume).
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

MabelJT
    About the time Fred died, Percy ran into his family. But Rowling never mentioned a specific name.

I'm guessing that George was not there when Fred got hit by the curse because he basically had no dialogue during that part and there was no mention of him when they saw Percy or when Fred got killed. I believe that if he were really there, he would have said something or have done something (I mean, come on! His twin, twin for god's sake) and since Rowling did not mention him at all, I have come to the decision that he simply was not around and must have seperated with his twin in moment of chaos, around the time they were guarding the passage way with other students.

I'm also guessing that he doesn't find out what happens to Fred until the next hour(s) when Voldemort 'mercifully' orders his Death Eaters to leave the castle and leaves time for families to mourn their dead. Like a few others said, he was gathered around Fred's body along with the other Weasleys.

He wasn't mentioned again until around the time Molly battled Bellatrix Lestrange. It was said in the final chapters that he and Lee Jordan took down Yaxley together.

You could have him battling other Death Eaters in between the three times (above)
    It's your choice of course, do anything you wish.