Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Romilda Vane

Alices_Eclipse

Romilda Vane

I don't think theres a thread for her here, so I hope its okay that I made one.
    Do you think she'd be pure-blood, or like muggle-born or something?
    I have a feeling shes an only child, but maybe that's just me.
    Does anybody know anything about her apart from the fact she's a Gryffindor who's obsessed with Harry?
    Thanks,
    Alice.

Hermoine Jean Granger
    I think that Romilda would most probably be a half-blood or muggleborn because most of the pure blood families were supporting Voldemort.(I might be wrong though!!)
    She comes across in the books as a person who would do anything for a few moments of fame. That's why she tries to give love potions to Harry, so that he would take her to the ball and she'd be noticed by all. She also dosen't seem to bother if the methods used by her to achieve her ends are vile and wrong.
    I also feel that she may be the only child in her family.

She has long dark hair and dark eyes. She joined Hogwarts in 1993 and was in the fourth year when Harry was in his sixth year. She also tried out for the Gryffindor Quidditch team just to seek Harry's attention.

kathryn_malfoy
    I agree about her lineage. Romilda Vane is portrayed just like her name. She is very much seeking those fifteen minutes of fame.

For example: SHE brought Harry the letter from Dumbledore, not someone he would really trust.

She very much so makes her self seem higher than she is, and we see that when she is first introduced.

As far as looks go Jo also says she has a very sharp jaw line.

botheringsnape
    I think Romilda seems like a half-blood... Not sure why, but that's just my opinion. I definitely think she is either an only child who is used to all the attention and is not getting it anymore now that there are so many other people around, or she is the youngest sibling and therefore never felt that she got enough attention, so strives to get as much as she can.

There is a small entry about her on the HP Lexicon here.

Hope this helps some!

~Ashley

Lyratearsx
    My thoughts on Romilda Vane:

I think she's more confident brave than selfless brave. I mean, you'd have to have some guts to "hint heavily" (HBP) about going to Slughorn's party with THE Harry Potter, wouldn't you? Especially when you've barely spoken two words to the guy and he's older than you.

She's quite clever too, because if it wasn't for Hermione, Harry would have probably got love potioned by her.

I see her as coming from either a really old, really rich pure-blood family (not all are on Voldemort's side-- look at the Abbotts or the Bones' or the Longbottoms) or a really rich half-blood family. She's WAY to confident to be a Muggle-born and I go to school with lots of spoilt brats (and I can be a bit of one myself) and I know so many Romilda Vane alikes it's unbelievable. So yeah, I see her as rich, and her name is unusual in Muggle world, so I'm thinking wizard parents.

I hope I helped.

~Lyra

thegirllikeme
    She comes across in the books as a person who would do anything for a few moments of fame. That's why she tries to give love potions to Harry, so that he would take her to the ball and she'd be noticed by all. She also dosen't seem to bother if the methods used by her to achieve her ends are vile and wrong.
    Actually, I disagree. Romilda Vane strikes me as very much your typical teenage girl. She longs to be popular and fit in, and on the outside she seems incredibly confident, but it's only to hide a not so confident center. And yes, she liked Harry - but everyone liked Harry so it was a part of fitting in. Besides, she might have actually liked him, but believed there was no chance he (or anyone) could like her of their own free will - therefore, the love potion was an act of desperation. Sure she seems confident, but she could just act that way to hide how insecure she is. Sounds like a teenage girl to me.

Then again, I've always been a sucker for different takes on minor characters.

I think she's a Halfblood, to be honest. That's just how she strikes me, and I don't get the impression that they were rich, at least in my version of Romilda. It's my experience that the more you pretend to fit in, the less you actually do. She could have been from an under privileged family, like the Weasley's, which would make her even more desperate to fit in with the rich, popular girls.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    We see Romilda Vane briefly in the stories, but where do you see her ending up after her graduation from Hogwarts? Given her personality, what career could you see her taking up?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Seeking Keys
    We see Romilda Vane briefly in the stories, but where do you see her ending up after her graduation from Hogwarts? Given her personality, what career could you see her taking up?
    I think she'd end up at the Ministry, as she's quite confident and popular, and that's where most witches/wizards of that status end up. Or so it seems to me. I can't decide what department though, what position, or whether she'd move around the MoM. Maybe she would be a bit of a Bertha Jorkins character. She talks enough. Department of Magical Accidents and Catastrophes maybe? She certainly causes enough. I can't see her being overly important in her job, but I don't think she'd let anyone forget about her.

/My thought.

Azhure
    You have to remember that she is also quite intelligent. She did plant the love potion in those... cakes, or whatever they were. And the potion she put in them did work - though we don't know that she made the potion, of course *has no access to the books*. I wouldn't consider Romilda as just an obsessive girl. So don't underestimate her. I don't know why, but I keep thinking of her as an Unspeakable... *shrugs*

~~Azhure~~

Victoire
    I can deffinatley see her as an investigator of some sort. Maybe writing for the daily prophet? She has a Rita Skeeter-ish aura about her ..heheh
    Shes sneaky, so I think it would really suit her