Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blaise Zabini

leahsm2
    Quote Originally Posted by how I live now
    Blaise is a very interesting character, and I guess you could probably make who you want him to be, but I think he sees himself as an outsider in his group of friends as well as, and because of, his family. Possibly having been slighty neglected as a child, he might see himself as 'second best' to everyone else, and he most likely is a very quiet boy. But not so quiet that he is ignored; more like a fly on the wall.
    That's the beauty of characters that don't get a lot of ink; you can make of them what you will! I see Blaise in a totally opposite way, but both work fine.

I see Blaise as a "golden boy" if you will, good at all of his subjects and on equal footing with Draco. Draco's need for henchmen would amuse Blaise, for example, as he would rather not associate so closely with those that he feels are inferior to him in any way, be it blood, social standing or intellectual acumen.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I'm trying to sort out the future occupation of some of Harry's classmates. What do you see as a possible future career for him. We never hear Harry mention seeing him in any of his classes, not even Potions, where most Slytherins seem to have it easy.

What do you see as some possibilities?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Castanje
    I don't know what Blaise might work as - truth told I can't see him having an office job, but I've seen him portrayed as an investor or financial backer. And that seems to work well. Seeing as we know his mother to be very wealthy and as we may presume he's an only child, the investment of the family fortune might be a good 'occupation'.

It seems a few of those wealthy purebloods do not truly have a career as such, but meddles for influence. But somehow it seems unlikely to me that Blaise would be interested in politics (though I have no reason to assume so).

What little we do know about him is that he appreciates beauty. Maybe he would follow his mother's choice of - er - career?

twilight_maiden
    I always picture Blaise Zabini as kind of suave. I think he's Italian, as well. He seems like someone who thinks that they are above friends, but have plenty of girlfriends. In a fic I'm writing, Blaise eventually marries Persephone Knowles, a Ravenclaw. Is he the kind of person who would marry permanently?

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    My only reason for this is that he is "Blaise Zabini" and she is "Mrs. Zabini." I feel she always reverts to her first husband's name after the demises of the others.
    This was posted last year, but as I'm writing a fic with Blaise in now, I thought I'd check out this thread. Blaise's mother is never referred to by any name. We call her Mrs Zabini, but she's just Blaise's mother a famous beauty.

Zabini does suggest Italian extraction.

I don't see Blaise as being wildly sociable. He's clearly not in awe of anyone, and doesn't suck up to teachers like Draco does (albeit that's through Harry's eyes). In the carriage, Blaise is noticeably unimpressed and scornful when Draco hints that he's a DE.

Is he the kind of person who would marry permanently?
    You could go several ways with this. He's terrified of commitment because he's watched his mum marry so many times so is wary of women, or he rebels against her and is determined to marry once and once only or he marries multiple times.

I don't see him as having multiple girlfriends. Pansy calls him choosy (I think he may have turned her down) so one or two at Hogwarts, but not a string. He has obviously admitted that Ginny is pretty -- Pansy says as much -- so he's not disinterested, I just don't think he's going to commit to anything unless it's important.

Quote Originally Posted by Olive Oil Med
    We never hear Harry mention seeing him in any of his classes, not even Potions, where most Slytherins seem to have it easy.
    He is mentioned as being in Potions in Half Blood Prince. Skughorn greets both Harry and Zabini with enthusiasm in that first lesson.

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    I don't see him as having multiple girlfriends. Pansy calls him choosy (I think he may have turned her down) so one or two at Hogwarts, but not a string. He has obviously admitted that Ginny is pretty -- Pansy says as much -- so he's not disinterested, I just don't think he's going to commit to anything unless it's important.
    It's probably just a syntax thing here, but I doubt that Blaise admitted that Ginny was pretty. I can rather imagine Pansy noticing him looking at Ginny or something. Or is it mentioned in the books that he actually said it out loud? I think he'd be too proud and too irked by the whole blood-traitor-thing to actually say "that Ginny Weasley, she's not bad looking now, is she". But yes, I agree with you that Pansy could have tried to flirt with him or something and he would just have ignored her or told her to leave it.
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Mmm, you could be right.

What Pansy actually says is

"Even you think she's good-looking, don't you, Blaise, and we all know how hard you are to please!"

"I wouldn't touch a filthy blood traitor like her whatever she looked like," said Blaise coldly. HBP The Slug Club page 143/144 UK hardback
    One thing that's struck me, is that none of the Slytherin boys call each other by their names. I thought perhaps Draco and Blaise just disliked each other, but Draco never calls his two friends by their first names either.

Infact the only time Crabbe says Draco is when he's defying him. When he's dead Draco still calls him Crabbe.

*ponders then realises it's not on the subject of Blaise*

Carole
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird