Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Fleur Delacour

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Fleur is supposed to have bright blue eyes. I think this was in GoF, but I can't remember. I am fairly certain she does have blue eyes.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

TheCursedQuill
    Quote Originally Posted by HP Encyclopedia
    Distinguishing Characteristics: Strikingly pretty with waist-length, shimmering blond hair and big blue eyes. Speaks in a throaty voice; her English has a strong French accent [GOF16].
    You were right OliveOil!

I think blue eyes would be the only colour to suit Fleur anyways.

Celtic_Jewel
    Okay, thanks! I'll write her with blue eyes.

-Ema

greennotebook
    OliveOil_Med, no one ever addressed your question about the five words, but Fleur is one of my favorite characters, and I'm about to go through the Triwizard mini-Gauntlet with her, so I figure I should answer you.

Adaptable- I think this word is spot on. However, I strongly object to your characterization of teenage Fleur as shallow. Especially as you admit that much of her character at the time was a persona she adopted, I don't think "shallow" is right. However, the fact that she can put on certain personalities definitely makes her adaptable. I think she knows how to act to her best advantage.... it wouldn't surprise me if part of that came from being part-Veela.

Charming- Oh definitely! Right up until you irritate her and she bites your head off. No really, though, she's charming, even outside of Veela-powers. She knows how to present herself to her best advantage.

Honest- She's certainly honest, and very blunt about it. Though, I admit, I can see her manipulating information a little if she thinks there's a good reason. That reason would probably not be because she's afraid of hurting someone's feelings.

Loyal- She is fiercely loyal, and I think part of that comes from being able to manipulate those around her. Once she knows that someone actually likes her, or is genuinely on her side, it must mean an awful lot. It's very different to know someone appreicates all of you than it is to know someone thinks you're charming & gorgeous. I can see her going through hell for someone like that.

Worldly- I can see it, but I'm not sure it would make my list of five words. She switches countries, yes, but France is pretty close to England physically, and she already spoke the language pretty well. I'm not sure why you think she's been all around the world; I don't recall that in canon, but I may be wrong. As for knowing the true nature of human beings, again, I don't know. She seems to recognize that the Weasleys expect her to abandon Bill, but she seems genuinely surprised by the Trio's determination to leave Shell Cottage. I don't think she's quite as cynical as I get the impression of from your characterization of her worldliness.

I think, instead of "worldly" I would have used the word "protective". She's fiercely protective of Gabrielle, she's concerned that Harry is too young for the Tournament and that it's too dangerous for him to leave Shell Cottage.

It's a very well-thought out list, though, and it got me thinking.

lilyevansfan
    I have a question about Fleur. What's her dad's name? Her mother's name is Apolline, but Monsieur Delacour can't be his name since Monsieur means Mr.

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Belching up Slugs
    lilyevansfan: As you said, Fleur's father is only ever addressed as Monsieur Delacour. His first name has never been given, so you're free to make up your own.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I have a pondering about Mr. Delacour as well. Fleur and Gabrielle are fairly ordinary-sounding names in France, so do you think from this, we can assume that Mr. Delacour has a less than usual name as well?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly
    I have a pondering about Mr. Delacour as well. Fleur and Gabrielle are fairly ordinary-sounding names in France, so do you think from this, we can assume that Mr. Delacour has a less than usual name as well?
    Well as far as we can assume anything, I think it more likely he has a 'usual' name rather than a 'less than usual name'.

I've just been looking at his description in DH -a head shorter than his very beautiful wife, and wearing high heeled boots - he reminds me of the current Premier of France.

Perhaps you should name him Nicholas.

Or maybe the fact that his grandson is called Louis could imply that he's named for his maternal grandfather.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    De-gnoming the Garden
    I get the feeling that at the end of HBP, when Bill is attacked, Fleur is not a member of the Order. And yet, she goes with Order to fetch Harry two months later. Is it safe to assume she joined sometime between Bill's attack and Harry's transport?

Thoughts?
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Quote Originally Posted by Weasley Mom
    I get the feeling that at the end of HBP, when Bill is attacked, Fleur is not a member of the Order. And yet, she goes with Order to fetch Harry two months later. Is it safe to assume she joined sometime between Bill's attack and Harry's transport?
    I don't think she really had any "ties" to the Order prior to Bill, since she is from France, so that might have made her joining a little more difficult decision. It isn't, after all, her country that is being taken over by Voldemort, so the obligation to fight isn't as strong.

However, I think after Bill's attack, and her relationship improved with Mrs. Weasley and others, she had more ties and joined then. Plus, Dumbledore--the Order's most powerful wizard--just died, and there was probably more of a need for experienced wizards/witches to join.

So, yes, I do think it's safe to assume that.

xx Ariana xx

Thank you to Hokey for the beautiful banner. And thank you to everyone who nominated and judged --I'm so grateful to you <3.