Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fleur Delacour

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Fleur Delacour

I cannot believe we have not started a thread for poor, poor Fleur! *French angst!* Well, I'm going to start one with a hypothetical I have been wondering about lately.

What do you all believe Fleur's Patronus would be? I try to come up with one, but always, someone else has it. Swan? No, that's Cho. Peacock, I'm pretty sure Lucius and Narcissa have dibbs on those. See what I mean?

Does anyone have any ideas as to what animal can be associated with Fleur?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

Hmm...it would have to be something graceful, yet fiercely protective to meet Fleur's personality.

Maybe a lioness?

Kate of The Gauntlet Pair!
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!

Black_Dust
    I don't know, I'm still kind of feeling a swan!

Beautiful, graceful and like a veela, they turn incredably scary when you anger them (such as when your feeding them and you run out of kernels but they're still hungry) Also, they're fiercely protective, don't you get near their duck friends, those are THEIR duck friends.

~~Kasey

(Yes, I was indeed traumatized at age 11 by a pair of swans who wanted more corn when I had none. No, I do not suspect results are typical )

cirelondiel
    Oh, Kasey, so I'm not the only one who's been traumatised by a swan! >.<

Mmm, I really think a swan would suit Fleur - Kasey pretty much summed it up. Or something else that's beautiful and graceful but dangerous... snow leopard, maybe?

Remember, too, that while a person's Animagus form tends to represent their own nature, their Patronus might represent something that protects them or is important to them - for example, Hermione has an otter (related to the weasel and therefore a link to Ron) and Harry has a stag because that was his Dad's Animagus form. So perhaps Fleur's Patronus could be something linked to Bill?

~ Chelsea

Yeah, a couple of swans stole my piece of chicken when I was about 12. Which seems a little bit cannabilistic to me, but okay...

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    **raises hand** to join the "attacked" by swan club LOL

Originally posted by Cheslea
    Remember, too, that while a person's Animagus form tends to represent their own nature, their Patronus might represent something that protects them or is important to them - for example, Hermione has an otter (related to the weasel and therefore a link to Ron) and Harry has a stag because that was his Dad's Animagus form. So perhaps Fleur's Patronus could be something linked to Bill?
    The is canon evidence of this. Snape=Doe= Lily, Tonks=Immense four-legged creature (possible a wolf, IMO)= Remus.

So I would say you could go with something that would remind her of Bill. I know it would probably be cliche or expected, but a wolf comes to mind. Or, perhaps the mythological Sphinx, because of the time he spent in Egypt. She didn't get as far as the Sphinx in the Triwizard Tournament, so there isn't any trauma there from that. Or, you could use the Egyptian Mau, which is a cat from Egypt.

Though when I first thought about it, I have to agree a swan is the first thing that did come to mind.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Lola-Louisa
    A swan would definitely be her animagus, me thinks. *keeping away from swans from now on *

I think that something to do with Egypt could work. Bill is also the oldest of seven, so maybe a protective big brother type animal, like a lion? Ties in with the whole Gryffindor thing!

Lola x

Ravenclaw_Soprano
    I agree with the consensus that her animagus form would be a swan, and Patronus would be, likely, a lioness.

I'd like to propose a new question:

If Fleur and Bill were not living in Shell Cottage, do you think Fleur would prefer to live in France? After the war, would she be interested in traveling with Bill, or would she want to stay in one place?

~Lauren of The Gauntlet Pair!

Fourth Year Ravenclaw
    McGonagall Likes My Quidditch Skills

If Fleur and Bill were not living in Shell Cottage, do you think Fleur would prefer to live in France? After the war, would she be interested in traveling with Bill, or would she want to stay in one place?

I don't think that she would want to go back to France. She moved to England before the war and got a job there before she had even met Bill, so I think it's safe to say that she would prefer England.

She doesn't seem like the type to travel though. I can see her as being settled in one place. Maybe she'd take short vacations with him, but she'd prefer to have one place that she's lived in her entire married life

Kate of The Gauntlet Pair!
    IB + Senior Year = Hiatus...again
    Kate...iPoem!...iWrite!...iBanner!...Dumbledore's Navy!
    Avvie and banner by me! Please request!

MerryD

I agree with Kate, that she'd want to stay in England. Since she moved there before the war and got a job, it's likely that's where she'd rather live.

I think that she would be interested in traveling as long as the arrangements were nice all the time. If Bill had to travel, than Fleur would definately go with him. But, I think that she'd like to settle down and stay in one place to raise her family after a year or so.

Peace out.

-Mere

red haired mom
    Quote Originally Posted by th_poet14
    She moved to England before the war and got a job there before she had even met Bill, so I think it's safe to say that she would prefer England.
    Sorry, Kate, but she met Bill the day of the last task of the Tournament.

If you'll remember she saw him in the antechamber when the Champions were greeting their families and seemed interested.

I'm sure she 'met' him at some point that day, or at least found out where he worked, so later in the book when she said she was going to get a job at Gringotts, it wasn't that surprising.

But back to the Patronus discussion for a moment- Peacocks are vainly beautiful creatures... I'm of the mind that she would have something like that as a Patronus. It might just be me, but I think the only Death Eater that could produce a Patronus was Severus... so I don't think Narcissa or Lucius would have them.

Fluer is very protective of her little sister and possibly the rest of her family but she's still pretty shallow- IMO. So I wouldn't give her one that is going to 'scream' protectiveness. More of the vanity that we see in the fourth and sixth books.

~Wendy