Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Hannah Abbot

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Standing in Line for Gilderoy Lockhart's Autograph
    That is so helpful Carole. That is the mention I was thinking of, but I had forgotten that it was so soon after the actual incident. I just wanted to make sure it was plausible for her (and Ernie? maybe?) to return after the battle to resit their 7th year.

Thanks!
    Lovely banner by Nadia

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    but with them making mention in the books of her having not returned, it makes me think it actually WOULD have been noticed if she returned after Christmas. ?? It's all just speculation though, I suppose.
    Actually, here's the passage about Hannah.

Quote Originally Posted by HBP page 210 UK Bloomsbury HB edition
    There had been a horrible incident the day before, when Hannah Abbot had been taken out of Herbology to be told her mother had been found dead. They had not seen Hannah since.
    So we don't know that she didn't return. All we know was that she took at least two days off from school. It's also possible she didn't even leave the school but stayed in her dorm unable to go to lessons. I think she returned pretty quickly, to be honest. Hogwarts would have been the safest place for her, and without her mother, her House were even more like her family.

You can swing it either way as she's not mentioned again until the Battle, but I'm inclined to think she didn't miss that much schooling.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Well, Ernie takes Muggle Studis in PoA, so he could have carried it on to NEWT level if you wanted him to. He does DADA as well, so that could be two NEWT subjects with messed up teaching. It's plausible that he came back, if only to re-do those two subjects.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Oh dear, I didn't mean Neville came back Haha, I just meant, like, if they kept a correspondance, Neville already being done could help her out...I don't know
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

First Year Hufflepuff
    Setting Snakes on Hapless Relatives

If Hannah's mom was murdered, do you think that her mom was a witch? Or do you think (since she's half-blood) that her mom was a muggle and her dad a wizard? Am I right to assume that death eaters killed her mom?

I can't decide which makes more sense; killing her mom because she married a muggle or because she was one.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    I think you probably are right to assume that she was killed by the Death Eaters. I don't think it would have been mentioned if it was just an accident or something. I doubt that Hannah's father was a Muggle because Harry sees a few Abbot graves in Godric's Hollow - a place that's notorious for wizards. I personally don't think Rowling would have mentioned that if they were Muggles; I think she's hinting at them being wizards, so there's a strong possibility that her father is at least half-blood.

With her mother, possibly she could be a Muggle, but I'd say that it's much more likely that she was a witch. I can't really see Voldemort deciding to just pick off this one Muggle who just happens to be the mother of someone Harry knows. I think it's too much of a coincidence. She could have perhaps been part of a 'mass Muggle killing', but then I think the wording would have been different. Personally, I think she perhaps had a position in the Ministry that Voldemort wanted filling with someone else, or she posed a threat in some way to him or the Death Eaters in some way.

Sarah x

Wonderful avvie by psijupiter. Totally brilliant and amazing banner by Julia/the opaleye!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Obliviate!
    Yes, she would. Half-blood is any Muggle ancestry anywhere in the family tree.

Sarah x

First Year Hufflepuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sapphire at Dawn
    ... I doubt that Hannah's father was a Muggle because Harry sees a few Abbot graves in Godric's Hollow - a place that's notorious for wizards. I personally don't think Rowling would have mentioned that if they were Muggles; I think she's hinting at them being wizards, so there's a strong possibility that her father is at least half-blood.

With her mother, possibly she could be a Muggle, but I'd say that it's much more likely that she was a witch...

Oh, I forgot about the names in Godric's Hollow! Thank you.

I've read multiple places that Hannah Abbot is a half-blood witch. So if she had a half-blood wizard for a dad(wizard dad and muggle mom) and her mom was a muggle-born witch, that would still make her a half-blood witch, correct?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Correct! You are considered a pureblood in the most basic sense if you have four wizarding grandparents. Even if her parents were both wizards, she would still have two Muggle grandparents, which would make her a halfblood, just like Harry.

Actually, J.K. has said in interviews that she found herself caught between making Hannah a pureblood or a Muggle-born, finally making her a halfblood as compromise. And if her mother was a Muggle-born, it gives a plausible story as to why the Death Eaters went after her.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

First Year Hufflepuff

So, I think I've decided that the Hannah's mom is most likely a witch with muggle parents and her dad is half-blood (because there are Abbott graves in Godric's Hollow).

So, with that, my next questions would be:
    1. If Hannah's mom is killed by death eaters what are some ideas of her career in the wizarding world? Would she work with the ministry? I see Hannah's mom as a healer for some reason but I can't see why a healer would be killed by a death eater. Unless they just knew she was from muggle parents and wanted to have some killing fun.
    (I know it's not mentioned in the books at all, but I want it to be believable)
    2. What about her dad's job?

And on a different note
    2. What would Hannah's best or favorite classes be? and What extra classes would she start taking during her 3rd year? (Is she in the care of magical creatures class?)

3. Do you think her and Ernie ever dated? Or do you think she dated anyone during her time at Hogwarts? Justin? or someone from Ravenclaw?

4. Lastly, what type of clubs or teams do you see Hannah joining?