Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Hannah Abbot

lunaselenia

Hannah Abbot

Im writing about Hannah Abbot summer for the Hufflepuff June challenge. I see that there is mo thread about her and I need to know a little bit more and not only the facts that we know about her from the book. So here are my questions.

Hannas mum died during her sixth year. What do you think, would she try to take her revenge over her mum or not?

Is seems that she is a pure blood witch (correct me if Im wrong), and on a good side. Would she go back to Hogwarts at her seventh year or not?

Ok I know that it seems that my questions have not sense, but they are important for my story.

Thank you for help.

Martina

MerryD
    Hannahs mum died during her sixth year. What do you think, would she try to take her revenge over her mum or not?

I don't think that she'd personally hunt down every Death Eater, but I think that it would inspire her to help fight them. She'd already be fighting Voldemort and such because it's what's right, and with her mum's death she'd work a little harder and stronger. She'd probably think about her mom while she was fighting. So, yes, I think that she would want some revenge, but it wouldn't be the overpowering-type.

Is seems that she is a pure blood witch (correct me if Im wrong), and on a good side. Would she go back to Hogwarts at her seventh year or not?

Actually, she's half-blood. The lexicon goes into details about her parentage here. I think that she'd go back to Hogwarts for her seventh year, and she'd probably take part in some of Neville, Ginny, and Luna's nightime 'activities', but she'd avoid things that are too drastic.

Edit: I just noticed that the lexicon says she returned to Hogwarts in May to fight in the final battle. If you need her there earlier, you could probably work with the idea that she was at Hogwarts in the beginning of the year, but then did not returned after Christmas or something.

I hope this helped! Good luck in the challenge.

Peace out.

-Mere

Third Year Slytherin
    Bumper Cars in Gringotts
    I love Hannah Abbott so I hope I can help.

Hannas mum died during her sixth year. What do you think, would she try to take her revenge over her mum or not?
    She's a Hufflepuff, and one of their traits is loyalty. I think maybe she would avenge her mother's death but not by going out and facing the Death Eaters head-on. She might silently seek revenge or try to help other people who have lost loved ones or even try to stop other deaths from happening. I think she would definitely try to aid people who have lost loved ones and try to make them feel better. This she would do for any student at Hogwarts regardless of House.

According to the Harry Potter Lexicon, she is a Half-blood witch.
    Ancestry: In a 2001 BBC interview, Rowling flashed a notebook that showed her notes on the students in Harry Potter's year and Hannah is noted as being a Muggleborn in Hufflepuff House. However, in 2007, Rowling said that she had always thought Hannah was pureblood and decided to compromise, stating for the record that Hannah was Half-blood (PC/JKR1).
    Yes, I do believe Hannah is on the "good side."

The Lexicon also says she left school during sixth year, but returned for the Final Battle. This gels with my characterization of her from above. She would not go to battle the fiends by herself but she shows up read to fight and win with her friends and allies. I think it was very important to her to be at the Final Battle.

Edit: Also, it's spelled "Abbott", with two T's.

Edit, Again: Ah, right, Striped_Candycane. I forgot. Very good point.

Striped_Candycane
    I agree with MerryD and Neville's Girl on the vengeance and blood status point, but I had a little to add to this:

Would she go back to Hogwarts at her seventh year or not?

She would be pretty much forced to return to Hogwarts for her 7th year. Voldemort made school obligatory for the purebloods and half-bloods (while purging it of muggleborns), so as to better manipulate them. So although Hannah probably wouldn't have wanted to, she did definitely return anyways.

~Veronica

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    We know from an interview with J.K., that Hannah Abbot ended up marrying Neville. When do you think they started dating? How many years after school do you think they got married? Do you think they have any children?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Azhure
    I've always thought that they got together OR were about to get together in their seventh year - Deathly Hallows. I don't know why, I just like that idea. It would probably be a fair few years after school that they got married, though. There wouldn't have been any rush with Voldemort gone and everything.

I can definitely see them with at least one child - probably more. I'm thinking that they would have a large family in the end. It just seems in their characters - kind, loving, etc.

~~Azhure~~

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    So you sort of see the Longbottoms as becoming the Weasleys of the next generation? Now that would make for an interesting story!

I don't know. Maybe I'm just looking for an excuse to come up with a lot of new names.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Kcharles
    What do you think that Neville and Hannah's children would be called?

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I would just steer away from naming them after dead people in general. The idea has become a bit cliche in my mind.

After suffering through a name like 'Neville Longbottom', I think he and Hannah would give their kids ordinary names. Check the U.K. census records for popular names according to their birth year. That would probably be a good place to start your search.

Brand New Story!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    Let's talk about Hannah as an adult.

How do think Hannah would have reacted to meeting Neville's mother for the first time?

Do think Hannah uses her position as landlady at the Leaky Cauldron to help Harry in anyway? Possibly passing information she caught her customers saying when they weren't paying attention?

Where do you think Hannah would stand on having a large family, or do you believe she would only want a couple children?

Do think Hannah and Neville's children would end up in Gryffindor, Hufflepuff, or split between the two?

Brand New Story!