Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Old Wizarding Families

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!

Old Wizarding Families

I'm trying to compile a list of all the old wizarding families of Britain. Could you please list all the old families you all know.

Do you think you would find branches of any of these familes in the Americas? Why or why not?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Inverarity
    The most helpful resource is the Black family tree.

I think it's conceivable that any of those families might have someone -- an adventurer, a black sheep, someone who married into a less illustrious family (or even a Muggle) -- who went to the New World for one reason or another.

Evester
    The Lestranges
    Longbottoms
    Potters
    Weasleys
    Malfoys
    Blacks
    Dumbledores (that sounds so weird to say)
    Peverells
    Gaunts

(though the last two have died out, I believe)

I'm sure there are more. I'll edit later if I think of anyone else. Try looking up Slytherins and Death Eaters, they are usually pure blooded.

And perhaps there might be some branches in America, but I doubt they would be as highly respected. The only reason I can imagine for them to get there from England would be immigration, perhaps in the colonial era, and for some reason I can't see the old moneyed families wanting to immigrate to the New World. Perhaps lower or more distant relatives who were not in such high society would have gone over, and kept the name going if they were male.

Does that make any sense?

Hermoine Jean Granger
    I would add in the McKinnons and the Smiths to the existing list. Oh, and the Bones and the Prewetts too.

Honigkuchenpferd Hufflepuff
    "Greetings From Egypt..."
    I think the Lupins were pure-bloods, too, but I'm not 100% sure. Anyone any other information no that?

/my 3 Knuts.

~Bine
    No longer a mod and no longer in charge of any forums.

author ~*~ BA banner ~*~ giggler
    Banners by Tiffany and Samarie ^

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    I think Remus is half blood, but there is nothing to say that his father wasn't a pure blood wizard.

I would add Crabbe, Goyle (I think that they are pure blood or Draco would go nowhere near them), Crouch, Prince McNair, Greengrass and Parkinson.

JOHN91043353
    What everybody else said +

Greengrass (Astoria was suppouse to have been pureblood)
    MacMillan (Ernie says he's an eighth genaration pureblood.)
    Umbridge (She at least claims to be of an old pure-blood family)
    Lovegood
    Fortescue (The name of the ice-cream shop owner and an really old headmaster, which makes me belivieve they might be anciant pure line.)
    Selwyn
    Nott
    Bullstrode
    MacFusty (An old Wizard family that breeds dragons according to FB)
    Diggory
    Abbot (There is a lot of discution about however Hannah's a pure, half or muggle blood. I belive she's pure.)
    Scrimgeor (Exept dear old Rufus there's other wizards in the potterverse with this name, which makes me think pure an old)
    Flint
    Higgs

Well that's what I can think of right now, but there's probably more. The books can't possibly've mentioned all pure-blood families, OC ones would go too I think.

MvH Johan

EDIT: Oh and Molly,can you please post your complete list here when finished, or possibly send it to me?

wilfen07

Pure Blood Families

Hi! I guess the list pretty much covers all.I would like to add a few more like McNair,Nott,McMillan,the Creevy brothers,Diggory.

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    People Hate Me for Losing Points
    ^ Actually the Creevy brothers are Muggle-borns, so that's actually not an old wizarding family.

I would also say the Ollivanders, based on the date on their store. There is no way that Mr. Ollivander could be that old--there must be more than one!

Thanks to opaleye for the lovely banner!

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Thank you! And eponine, you had a good idea too. I'll look up shop names and add a few of those to the list as well.

But now I want to bring the focus back to one of my orginal questions:
    Do you think you would find branches of any of these familes in the Americas? Why or why not?
    Anyone? This could spark up a good debate!

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!