Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter - Part II

Azhure
    Quote Originally Posted by Victoire
    ...Harry himself is a strong leader and very much like his father not only in looks but in character
    I have to disagree with you there. I think that Harry is more like Lily in personality. James and Sirius are basically like Fred and George, except, the Marauders an be considered as bullies - in some cases, anyway; but I suppose Fred and George can be bullies, too...

Although Harry likes to joke, and laugh - who doesn't? - he doesn't go out of his way to pull pranks. He also would never treat anyone the way James treated Snape. Not even Malfoy. In the books we see Harry contemplating James' actions after he sees Snape's memories, and he is not impressed. I know Harry thinks briefly that he might treat Malfoy the way James treated Snape, but thinking about something and actually doing it is very different.

Also, Harry can be considered quite shy at times, and unsure of himself. Some people may argue that this was only because of how he was treated at the Dursley's, and how he has all that responsibility. But isn't it our experiences that makes us who we are?

So, in my opinion, Harry is more like Lily. That's only my opinion, though.

~~Azhure~~

Victoire
    I agree with you to a certain extent on Harry having his mothers personality. But Lily always struck me as having a qenuine open type of personality, but also a firecracker. Slughorn describes her as being cheeky. I dont think Harry is like this at all. Although Harry does seem to have her loving traits and charm.

Now I know what James your thinking of , and when I say Harry is so much like his father its after James matures. His 7th year. He didnt pick fights with Severus, He actually saved his life! James knew between his right and his wrong. James was a leader, strong and proud. He stood up for what he beleived in and fought for those he loved. He was also said to be stubborn and arrogant at times, which Harry is VERY much so in the beggining of OOTP. Generally I see him possesing much more personality from his father than Lily.

Also, Harry can be considered quite shy at times, and unsure of himself.
    Lily was unsure of herself..?

Azhure
    Good point, Victoire. But I'm still sticking with my 'Harry is more like Lily' idea. You have a few good points, though.

Besides, Harry is a teenager in the books, and at the same age James was the bully we see in Snape's memories. I know he matures, but he became a stag patronus in his schooling years.

Lily was unsure of herself..?
    I wasn't saying that. I was saying Harry can be unsure of himself. We don't inherit every single personality trait from our parents.

Anyway, I don't want a full-blown argument, so I'm going to go.

~~Azhure~~

Victoire
    Oh, alrite. Just wondering if you thought Lily had no confidance or something..

ps. I think you have some very good points as well!

blackfoot
    I have a quick easy question. I simply can't remember, which Quidditch Team does Harry support? (Before the epilogue in Deathly Hallows.) Is it the Tutshill Tornados, I seem to remember something about the Tornados from the books. I'm just trying sort out some minor details in my story. Thanks in advance.

Blackfoot

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by blackfoot
    I have a quick easy question. I simply can't remember, which Quidditch Team does Harry support? Is it the Tutshill Tornados, I seem to remember something about the Tornados from the books.
    That was Cho Chang who was a Tutshill Tornadoes fan. I don't think Harry ever actually had a favorite team, or not one that was mentioned in the books.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Although his former captain, Oliver Wood, plays for Puddlemere United. He may support them more than the other teams simply because his friend plays for them.

The same could be said later when Ginny plays for the Holyhead Harpies.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

blackfoot
    Thanks, I guess I will just stick with my original choice, unless I come across something in the books saving which team he favored. The Lexicon didn't list the information, Quidditch through the Ages didn't help and there wasn't anything except Cannon's written in Fantastic Beasts. Course the thought did just come to me to check the Quidditch World Cup Chapter. I can't remember if Harry said he wished a certain team had made it or not. I know Ron did.

Any help would be appreciated, my books year one through five are in storage until at least JAN.
    Thanks for the help so far.

Blackfoot

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    Voldemort's on the Back of Your Head, Professor
    Hmmm. I'm guessing Holyhead Harpies for Harry, because his wife plays for it, after all! Why would he bother to support anyone else?

Hope that helps you with your decision!
    ~ Pooja

AMAZING story banner by Nadia/majestic_ginny! Dimply Sammeh by me.
    I found a liquor store. I drank it.

blackfoot
    It's a pre-Deathly Hallows story. Otherwise it would certainly be the Holyhead Harpies.

Blackfoot