Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter - Part II

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    How would Harry react when Lucius kidnaps him? How would he fight back?
    he'd fight back, but after a while, I think he'd try and figure a way to get the best of Malfoy by using words. He can be tactically astute at times. In the Ministry, he keeps Lucius talking whilst instruction the others to smash the prophecies.

Harry's a fighter, how would he react when Lucius tries to persuade him to become a believer in blood prejudices?
    OH, I can't see him caving there at all. I honestly can't see Lucius trying to convince Harry either. He must know it wouldn't work. Frankly it's OOC for Lucius to try to persuade him.

Could Harry be Obliviated easily? Do you think this is realistic and has a chance of happening?
    You can Obliviate someone when they're not conscious, (see DH in the cafe - Tottenham Court Road) so if Harry were Confunded, then he could be Obliviated. You need to be careful here, though. If he's Obliviated, then his memories won't return. Lockhart never recovered. Hermione didn't use Obliviation on her parents. Instead she modified their memories, that's how she was able to restore them.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    How would Harry react when Lucius kidnaps him? How would he fight back? I think he'd try to get away if he had a chance, but not if he didn't. He doesn't try to run if he knows it won't help; instead he usually waits for an oppurtunity. I think he would likely get a bit mouthy. And if Lucius was trying to make him do something with torture, it wouldn't work. Torture has never been a very effective measure of persuasion when used on Harry. He'd also keep a pretty cool head and use logic to get out of his situation if he wasn't provoked. However, if someone were insulting his friends or family, he'd probably lose the cool head and possibly do something stupid.

I'm wondering:

If Harry died before Voldemort, do you think he might come back as a ghost out of a sense of duty to the people fighting Voldemort and to his godson, Teddy? Or do you think that I'm completely off the mark?
    Kinda really hiatus-y at present.
    And Julia, this avatar is really pretty. Je l'adore.

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    If Harry died before Voldemort, do you think he might come back as a ghost out of a sense of duty to the people fighting Voldemort and to his godson, Teddy? Or do you think that I'm completely off the mark?
    I think he'd consider it, but I don't think he'd do it in the end. To be honest, I'm not sure you get a great deal of choice about whether you can come back. Nick was truly scared of death so his frame of mind at that moment would have given him the choice, but harry faced death and wasn't scared. I think he'd have just 'gone on.'

~Carole~

EDIT: It all depends when he dies, but if you mean in the Forest scene in DH, I doubt whether Harry feels that much towards Teddy. He's barely three weeks old, and although honoured to be the godfather, he doesn't know him at all. He'd have a far stronger bond to Ron and Hermione.
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    Don't forget, some bit of Harry was tied to the Dark Lord. In King's Cross, he had the choice to die and move on, or stay and return to his body. I don't think the option to become a ghost would be there unless Voldemort somehow removed that link between them.
    And then you have a tough choice: on the one hand, I could sort of see Harry sticking around as a ghost only to make sure Voldemort is taken down, but on the other hand, I think it's more likely he would move on. He's been through too much and lost too many people he'd want to join on the other side of the veil. If the Horcrux within him was destroyed, Ron and Hermione had the knowledge to destroy the others, leaving Voldemort vulnerable and able to be killed by any powerful wizard, not just Harry. He wouldn't be scared, and he trusted his friends enough to let them finish the job. I think this is more in character, but that doesn't mean with the proper framing it can't be done.

~Gina

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Harry thought with his whole heart he was going to die in the book. As far as we can see, he didn't fight it. Instead, he brought back the people he loved most to fetch him..at least that was his frame of mind. I think he'd rather wait for the people he loved to join him rather then be with them for a short time then lose them forever and never again see Sirius and Lupin and never meet his parents.
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

Midnight Storm
    I agree with Maple and Phoenix Feather. I seriously doubt Harry would want to stay. He, I'm sure, would want to 'go on,' and see his family, Sirius, Remus and everybody else. I personally would never ever want to become a ghost. It was be so... boring. Never growing up, never moving on. But that's just my opinion.

~Midnight Storm

accioquill

Harry Potter

Alrighty, so I'm writing a fic of adventure and action based mostly around Draco Malfoy interacting with Harry, Ron, and Hermione. Mostly however, Harry. I'm finding it hard to make him say believable things. I've read all the books enough times to know him fairly well, but could anyone add some insight to his personality? I'd like to know how to write him dealing with people who he doesn't particularly like, but at the same time doesn't hate. Example: Draco.
    Please and thank you!

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Lockhart Removed My Bones!
    accioquill- how old is Harry in this story? Because pre-DH/ HBP I think he would describe the way he feels about Draco as "hate" whereas after the war I think he would be more understanding of the fact that the events of the war changed Draco hugely and that post-war Draco is not the irritating, arrogant, cruel character Draco is within the Harry Potter books. He still wouldn't like him, but I think he'd be civil, if not particularly warm towards Draco and I doubt that they'd be friends (although there are some excellent fanfics where they are).

And now onto a question of my own. I'm trying to write some major characters, albeit in Next-Gen era. And although I'm okay (I think) with the next-gen kids Harry and Ginny are proving as difficult as I usually find them during their brief appearances in my stories so any help would be great.

How do you think Harry and Ginny would react if two of their children stopped speaking to each other? This is not a childish feud--Lily is 18 and refuses to speak to James, for reasons she won't tell anyone but which are very legitimate ones. Do you think they'd try to find out what had happened? Would they attempt to reconcile their children? How long would they attempt to do so before giving up? Do you think Harry would ever give up?

Now Harry would obviously be hurt, but do you think it would lead him to question how good a parent he was or something like that? Or would he see it as something he had no control over?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Alex
    Banner by Minna.

First Year Ravenclaw
    In the Rubble at Godric's Hollow

I have been working on a story about a friend and former DA member of Harry's falling to the dark side. In one instance this character goes with Harry to capture Dolores Umbridge. The character disarms/corners Umbridge but instead of taking her prisoner, they kill her while she is helpless and claims it was unavoidable or an accident (a similar situation would be when Anakin kills Dooku in Star Wars). I am debating whether Harry actually sees this act or just arrives afterwards and strongly suspects what happened. If he did see it what do you think he would do?

Sixth Year Hufflepuff
    You Need Some Driving Lessons, Ron
    I think Harry would be horrified and shocked if he witnessed it, not because of any concern for Umbridge, but because he is opposed to using the killing curse. Even with Voldemort, over and over, and after being chastized by Remus for being a little soft on the enemy with Expelliarimus, he held his ground. If the person who did this was an Auror, and Harry had the authority to do so, I could see him firing him or suspending him or something. Just my initial thoughts. Happy writing.
    Lovely banner by Nadia