Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter - Part II

Aimay
    Quote Originally Posted by Equinox Chick
    I think he could only teach DADA. He doesn't seem to have a leaning towards anything else. I think he'd be a good teacher. he was certainly good in the DA, but whether he'd have the patience to teach James Sirius is another matter. Fur would fly, as they say.
    That would be obvious, what would his teaching style be? Do you think he would bring Boggarts in or teach them Expelliarmus or even Imperio them? ^^ OMG little Harry slaves! lol

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I think Harry-the-Professor would base his style very much on Lupin's. Therefore it would be hands on and practical - Boggarts in the classroom, as you said.

I don't think he'd teach Unforgiveables. The fake Moody did so at a very different time and I don't think it's necessary for Harry to be teaching them to his students (unless you have a different threat facing them all.)

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    First Brush With A Dementor

Quote Originally Posted by Aimay
    That would be obvious, what would his teaching style be? Do you think he would bring Boggarts in or teach them Expelliarmus or even Imperio them? ^^ OMG little Harry slaves! lol

I would make it a mix between Lupin's teaching style, because he was Harry's favourite DADA teacher, and I think he saw his style of teaching as very ... productive, and the way Harry taught in the DA. That was a bit different from Lupin's style, as it rather involved defending oneself against curses cast by humans (and Lupin mostly taught them how to deal with Dark Creatures, probably because that's what you do in your third year). I think Harry would see both as important, so he would probably find some balance there. It would definitely focus a lot on wandwork, and less on books...
    This completely gorgeous banner, which makes me happier than a squirrel, was made by Hokey

Virgil
    I do agree that Harry wouldn't teach Unforgiveables... that is, not to students who are the tender age of fourteen. Being so aware of what Dark Magic can inflict, Harry would definitely teach his students the effects of Crucio, Imperio, and Avada. However, I think that he would probably wait until sixth or seventh year NEWT courses.

I can see Harry's signature "Expelliarmus" becoming somewhat of a joke amongst his students.

Student 1: "What do you do if a Dementor attacks you?"
    Student 2: "Oh, just shout 'expelliarmus' at him. That fixes everything, haha."

I also think that he would have somewhat of an issue when it comes to teaching his own kids, because while it's unethical to give your kids special treatment, fatherhood would be something really important to Harry that he wouldn't want to screw up. Growing up without a father, imagine how difficult it would be to give his own son a detention! Just food for thought.

However, I think that Harry would only teach if the Auror gig didn't work out and he couldn't get a job as a Seeker on a Quidditch team. That would be his second choice, I think, and then teaching would be his third. Also, he disliked the similarities between himself and Riddle/Voldemort - applying for a DADA teaching position might make him uneasy, don't you think? I can't see him teaching any other subject, though. Muggle Studies seems too tame for him, lol.

There's my two knuts.

Peace,
    Virgil

Seventh Year Ravenclaw
    Attending a Deathday Party
    You know, I watched the last three movies over the last couple of days, and it occurred to me that I could really only see Harry teaching after a very long career outside of Hogwarts. I can't really see him at Hogwarts while his own kids are there. I see him there long afterwards - maybe he'd end up with his grandkids or greatgrandkids. I don't know why I think that. I guess it's just the way I would take it - Harry sticks with the Auror gig and/or private life until age and wisdom (or possibly need?) finally propels him to pass it on.

Love the joke about Expelliarmus! I wonder, though, if it might become a bit more respected after Harry used it to successfully defeat Voldemort. I agree that he would certainly model himself after Lupin, but we only saw Lupin teach about Dark creatures. Harry would certainly teach more than that and focus on both learning about the Dark magic as well as defending against it.

I wonder if teaching DADA would be difficult for him, bring up bad memories and experiences. Might be an interesting avenue to explore...

~Gina

Aimay
    My reason for Harry to actually be teaching is because there is a Death Eater supposed to be hanging around Hogwarts...

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    According to JKR, Harry does do 'guest lectures' at Hogwarts in DADA, so it's not totally unlikely that he'd become a teacher for a year or so, especially if your story concerns a suspected Death Eater at the school.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil
    I can see Harry's signature "Expelliarmus" becoming somewhat of a joke amongst his students.
    Ha ha, yes. I can also see the next gen kids getting really bored with the story about him swallowing that first Snitch, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Gina
    I agree that he would certainly model himself after Lupin, but we only saw Lupin teach about Dark creatures.
    It depends what year he's teaching, doesn't it? I got the feeling that those Dark Creatures were from the third year syllabus. It's certainly in the third year set text, because Snape is familiar with the syllabus and doesn't try to teach anything other that Dark Creatures when he takes over.
    Also Lupin did privately tutor Harry with his Patronus, so he's an effective - hands on - teacher.

~Carole~
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

zazzy7

Harry

Hi everyone! For my up-coming fic, I have a few questions about Harry.

How would Harry react when Lucius kidnaps him? How would he fight back?

Harry's a fighter, how would he react when Lucius tries to persuade him to become a believer in blood prejudices?

Could Harry be Obliviated easily? Do you think this is realistic and has a chance of happening?

Thanks for your help.

Seventh Year Gryffindor
    Being Chased by Singing Dwarves with Valentines
    Of course he'd fight back! Then he'd try to escape. He could fail though, for sure. I don't think Harry could ever be convinced of blood status importance. He's seen too much bad things happen because of it and his best friend is muggleborn. For some reason, I don't think Harry could be easily Obliviated. He's too strong willed. He could though, if you needed him to in your fic. Could go either way
    GRYFFINDOR PRIDE!
    Avvie by me, banner by TM_Wandstick.
    It matters not what one is born, but what they become.Don't let your praying knees get lazy, and love like crazy!

lilyevansfan
    How would Harry react when Lucius kidnaps him? How would he fight back?
    Of course he would fight back! He would use his wand, I guess? He doesn't seem like the kind of person to punch or kick, but I think he will if he is about to die, or something.

Harry's a fighter, how would he react when Lucius tries to persuade him to become a believer in blood prejudices?
    Hmm...I think he will not become a believer in blood prejudices, because Hermione is a muggle-born and the smartest witch of their grade, and Harry knows that. I think he will think that blood prejudices is just nonsense.

Could Harry be Obliviated easily? Do you think this is realistic and has a chance of happening?

Maybe. It depends, does he have a wand with him? If he does, then chances are that he'll defend for himself and run. If he doesn't, he'll probably hide and run, but he has a bigger chance of getting Obliviated.

Hope this helps!