Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Harry Potter - Part II

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Would it be out of line to assume that Harry might be asked to assist on an investigation before he became a full-fledged Auror? Assuming if he actually helped to reconstruct the Auror department, it would not be entirely impossible for Shacklebolt to ask for Harry's assistance on a case he didn't feel was as major as some others they may have encountered, correct?

I'm really bogging you guys down with the legalities, aren't I?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    I know I read somewhere, though I can't find it right now, Harry, Ron and Neville worked with Kingsley to round up the remaining Death Eaters and reorganize the Auror Department. They did this not long after the Battle of Hogwarts.

I had originally asked my question about training because of reading this, I didn't know when he would have started training or even if with all he had been through, he even needed to.

I have come to the conclusion after the DE's were rounded up and the Auror Department on stabler footing, Harry did have some training though I doubt it was a long training. Perhaps just training on specifics of some of the finer points of being an Auror.

Originally posted by Olive Oil_Med
    Would it be out of line to assume that Harry might be asked to assist on an investigation before he became a full-fledged Auror? Assuming if he actually helped to reconstruct the Auror department, it would not be entirely impossible for Shacklebolt to ask for Harry's assistance on a case he didn't feel was as major as some others they may have encountered, correct?
    No, I don't feel it would be out of line to assume that. As I stated above, I know I read somewhere Harry, Ron and Neville immediately after the Battle went to help round up DE's and reorganize the dept.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

CakeorDeath
    New Question: How would Harry react to one of his children being gay?

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    How would Harry react to one of his children being gay?

I really don't think Harry or Ginny would have any problems at all with one of their children being gay. He seems by the end of the series, at least, to be accepting of most things. He's made peace with Draco and is no longer prejudiced against Slytherins for instance.

The person I could see having a problem wiould be Ron especially if it were his son. I doubt he'd disown him or anything like that but accepting it to begin with would be hard. But then this thread's not about him However, if you were to do a story about a Potter child being gay then Ron, as an uncle, would be important in terms of reactions.

Banner by the fabulous Julia - theoplaeye

gods_unwanted_child
    I'd guess he got involved right after the Second War. As far as we know Kingsley asked Harry and Ron to help him with restructuring the Auror Department. And I believe they did that right away. That would therefore be around Harry's eighteenth birthday.

If you mean when he started working as an Auror, I'd add around two years, so that Harry would be around the age of twenty

Everyone is required to obtain to marks on their NEWTS and undergo three years of Auror training before they can be an Auror.

Harry didn't go back to Hogwarts for his second year and wasn't able to take his NEWTS. I don't think that they would let him be a full-fledged Auror without all the necessary requirements, even if he did defeat Voldemort. They may, however, let him unofficially perform Auror duties while undergoing training.

He would have had to take the NEWTS, and get good marks. He also would have had to go through the three year training process. At the very earliest, this amounts to three years total, but probably no more than five, putting a more reasonable age anywhere between twenty-one and twenty-three.

Hermoine Jean Granger
    New TQ: How would Harry react to a situation wherein Ron believes Hermione to be dead, and he himself doesn't know what to believe. She may or may not be dead, but how do you think his reaction would be towards Ron?

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by Hermoine Jean Granger
    New TQ: How would Harry react to a situation wherein Ron believes Hermione to be dead, and he himself doesn't know what to believe. She may or may not be dead, but how do you think his reaction would be towards Ron?
    He'd try to keep Ron's hopes up, and he'd be determined to find her. Harry isn't a fatalist, and in fact at times has shown a bit of a tendency to go into denial. As an adult, he'd acknowledge the possibility that Hermione could be dead, but he wouldn't accept it unless it was certain that she was, and he might even get angry at Ron for giving up hope.

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    Do you think Harry would ever find the motivation to become an Animegus? For his work as an Auror perhapes? Do you think he would be a stag, like his father, or something else entirely?

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Inverarity
    Quote Originally Posted by OliveOil_Med
    Do you think Harry would ever find the motivation to become an Animegus? For his work as an Auror perhapes? Do you think he would be a stag, like his father, or something else entirely?
    Animagus!Harry is kind of cliched in fanfic, but it's possible he might.

His Patronus is a stag, like his father's, so he might also take the same Animagus form.

MC Kair
    I could definatly see Harry becoming an Animagus. It would make his work as an Auror easier and more convinient. I don't know if he would be a stag like his father or if something farther in life would affect his form such as his wife and children but a stag would be a definate possibility.