Thread: Famous Ministry Workers Of the 70s and 80s

Hybrid View

Lola-Louisa

Famous Ministry Workers Of the 70s and 80s

In my story my main character is working for the Ministry in the early 80s. She works in the Department of Magical Law Enforcement. I know from GOF that Crouch was the head of department, but I'm totally at loss to other Ministry Workers.

The only others I know of who worked in the Ministry at that time were Frank and Alice Longbottom, Cornelious Fudge and Mad-Eye Moody.

Does anyone know of any others?

I also have another question: In DH, there were anti-apparation wards in the Ministry. Would it have been the same in the early years of Voldemort's reign of terror? Would they have put them up to stop him or would they not have bothered?

I know it is possible to apparate in and out of the Ministry, as Voldemort and Dumbledore do it in OTP. But I am unsure of whether or not Voldemort was a great enough threat to the Ministry for them to bother.

All help appreciated, thanks.

JOHN91043353
    I happen to know a few people who would have worked there by the time.

The most important probably is Millicent Bagnold who was the Minister of Magic from 1980-1990.

Arthur, Scrimgeor, and Umbridge would most likly already be workin at the minestry but much younger and in the begining in their careers.

Rookwood was also working at the department of mysteries until Karkaroff turned him in.

I can't remember any more right now, you could probably create a few OCs if you want to.

Yes I think there was most sertinly an apparation rule in the Ministry back in Voldemorts first reign, and without no doubt they felt extraimly threatened by him.

Good luck! This sounds really intresting.

MvH Joahn

Stubbornly_appeared

A couple more.

Well, there's Amelia Bones, Mafalda Hopkirk, and Amos Diggory as well.

The anti-Apparation wards seem pretty standard... it's like a no-fly zone around the capital, isn't it? I would assume they would have had them back then, too.

Lola-Louisa
    Thanks for all your help!

Just one more, would they have had Aurors protecting the prophecy about Harry and Voldemort?

Lola x

Rushia
    I don't think so. The Order of the Phoenix had to guard the Department of Mysteries themselves when they were afraid Voldemort would go after it. It wasn't common knowledge. In fact, Dumbledore said that he and Harry were the only two who knew the whole text of the Prophecy, so it's doubtful that the Ministry knew they had a Prophecy about Harry and Voldemort down there. Other than the Unspeakables that work down in that department, I don't think anyone really "guards" it, much less because there's a prophecy about Harry and Voldemort there.

~ Lucia

beauxk
    It could be possible that the Unspeakables were on their guard, though and could have warned the Minister to tighten up security around the Department of Mysteries.

Didn't Rookwood work there? So he would have known about the prophecy. Hm, it is quite confusing.

As for Ministry workers, you could have parents of Hogwarts students, like the Abbotts or the Parkinsons.

Beau