Thread: How did Hagrid transport Harry?

Hybrid View

Mudblood_and_Proud_of_it

How did Hagrid transport Harry?

Hi all,
    I am writing a drabble about the night Lily and James died. I know Hagrid takes Harry on Sirius' motorbike, but how did Hagrid get Harry from Godric's Hollow to Sirius? If there is no answer, what do you think would be the most plausible method of transport? Thestral perhaps? But Hagrid said in DH he was too heavy for a thestral... any ideas?

jecleaver2
    What I think is that he waited at Godrics Hollow for Sirius to arrive there.

meryal
    Sirius had been checking in on the Potters I believe. They really just randomly met at the Potter's mansion. Once it was clear that Hagrid wasn't going to give Harry to Sirius, he just gave the motorbike to him, claiming he wouldn't need it anymore.

Good luck!

Fifth Year Gryffindor
    I See Dead People... In Mirrors
    Since we know that Peter was the traitor and that Sirius knew this, he might have gone to Godrics Hallow hoping to stop whoever was going to kill them. If it was his habit of riding the bike instead of a broom then he would have taken this to the house. Since he arrived to late, maybe he alerted Dumbledore to what had happened and Hagrid came with Dumbledore. Sirus then gave his bike to Hagrid to use since it was already there.

Just my theory on how it got there.
    ~Kristy

Black_Dust
    Since he arrived to late, maybe he alerted Dumbledore to what had happened and Hagrid came with Dumbledore.
    If it was Siruis who altered Dumbledore then wouldn't he had explained that he wasn't the secert keeper anymore and then not gone to Azkaban? Maybe both Siruis and Dumbledore had heard the rumors about what had happened at Godric's Hollow around the same time and Siruis just needed to see it with his own eyes before he believed it. Otherwise I agree with what butter_beer_drinker and everyone else is saying.

~~Kasey

MerryD
    I think that Sirius went to the Potter's because he was Harry's godfather. He thought that he would get custody over Harry, so he went to retrive him.

AurorKeefy
    Personally, I suspect it was Sirius who actually arrived first, or else very quickly after Hagrid did. I suspect that the methods being used to monitor the Potters house were used by both Dumbledore and Sirius - being James' best friend and the person the Potters trusted most. If Sirius arrived first, it seems likely he stared starstruck for some time. From PoA, it might be suggested that Hagrid believed he had arrived moments after Sirius, whom he later presumed as enjoying the reckage, though in fact Sirius had been there for some time. Dumbledore certainly took Sirius' word very quickly later on.