Thread: Questions.!

Gorgeous_Ginny

Questions.!

Right I need some help with my fiction that I needed help on with Hermione earlier!

I have a few questions that I wish to have some answers and I was wondering if some of you very kind people would please help me, since I can't get onto Potterverse or the Lexicon.

Is there such a thing as Vampires in the Wizard world if yes what are they like?

Is there a curse which can change eye colour or a Transfiguration Spell?

What Year was Hermione, Harry and Ron born? I have had a total mind blank!

Thank you now for who ever helps!!

la_vie_boheme
    I think that Vampire must exist. Gilderoy Lockhart wrote Voyages with Vampires and Eldred Worple wrote Blood Brothers: My Life Amongst the Vampires and are studied in Defense Against the Dark Arts. The Ministry classifies them as non-wizard, part humans. Harry sees one at the Christmas Slug Club party and says that he's pale and gaunt.

I don't know about that eye color spell. I think that perhaps the Colour Change Charm might work.

Harry's birthday is July 31, 1980
    Ron's birthday is March 1, 1980
    Hermione's birthday is September 19, 1979.

hpheart
    I can only help you with the first one I'm afriad.

There are indeed Vampires in the Potterverse. Remember in HBP in Slughorn's Christmas party, there is a vampire called Sanguini I believe.

Evester
    For question three, Ron and Harry were born in 1980. Ron--> March 1, Harry--> July 31. Hermione was born Sept. 19, 1979.

As for eye color, I think it is perfectly legitimate to make up a spell. As far as I can remember, there was no mention of such a spell in canon, but it seems like it would be plausible.

Gorgeous_Ginny
    Right Thankyou to those who have answered the last two questions some people have PMd me aswell which I am going to say thank you to now aswell!

So Basically the Major Question is...

What are vampires to the wizarding world? It is really important I get this right as one of my main characters turns into one and has history with Vampires etc. I want to make sure I'm getting it right and not going off Harry Potter totally.

Thanks !

Eowyn89
    Hi

According to the Lexicon, vampires are considered "non-wizard, part-human". There lives are in turn regulated by the Ministry of Magic. Vampires are studied in Defense Against the Dark Arts, and you can buy vampire-made "blood-pops" at Honeydukes, but other than that they are "hated and feared" by wizards.

Harry met one at Slughorn's Christmas party named Sanguini. Hagrid is mentioned as having a "slight disagreement" with one at a pub, and Professor Quirrel met some in the Black Forest.

They are associated with Romania and Transylvania. Garlic is used to ward them off, and centaurs are among their enemies, I would say.

If you can access it, the lexicon page is: HERE

Good luck with your search!

~Katie

LucillaJoanna
    Wizards are like the giants: they don't fit in.

You know of course that giants are said to have murderous natures. Hagrid himself witnessed this side of them. But, as Hagrid explained, the bloodshed happened because of pressure: the giants were cooped up, so that invariably creates tension in leadership. They also fought about food because they could only hunt and forage in a small area. They were 'driven back' by wizards. They live in isolation. As such, they lost most traces of being civilised.

We saw how Grawp improved, didn't we?

So the vampires-- aside from those mentioned by Katie above, they are left out of the topic in HP. You can do with them as you wish, even adopt a Meyer-ish twist, if you like. Consider the paragraph above about the giants. Vampires can be just as misunderstood and mistreated, their lethal diet aside.

Certainly, they are only "part-human" now, but they WERE humans, and they might have been WIZARDS or WITCHES as well! So what was that law about non-wand use?

Take these cases in point when you draft your own vampire-lore. It's a multi-faceted subject with endless possibilities. Good luck!