Thread: Pranking Styles

Hybrid View

Kcharles

Pranking Styles

How diffrent would Fred and George and MWPP's pranking styles would be, do you think? Also, what would be some pranks that F&G would have done in their first year? I'm thinking that they would've started out small, and the pranks would start getting bigger and bigger.

Thanks!

Evester
    I agree with your point that they would start small and get bigger and bigger. But I think it's important to remember that they "started" way before Hogwarts- pranking their family, etc. So they would be pretty confident when they arrived.

As for different styles, I think Fred and George are more "fun" whereas MWPP are a bit meaner. Like Harry observed in the book, I can't see FG doing the stuff that MWPP did to Snape. I mean, their specialty was joke objects- fun, commercial stuff. Whereas MWPP did all the pranks on Snape because they didn't like him. They didn't start a joke business. I feel that they were more arrogant and all. So their style would be a bit more ruthless, I feel. But not too mean, they aren't Death Eaters, after all.

Sorry, I have no ideas for specific pranks right now, and I'm not too sure the above made sense, I'm kinda sick right now. But here's my thoughts to get you started.

-Evester

la_vie_boheme
    I think that the Marauders were much like Everster said above, they were just meaner in their pranks. I think that their pranks would be more like what Harry does to Malfoy after he attacks him, or like what Malfoy would do. Part of what Harry said he was angry about was that the attack on Snape was unprovoked. That Fred and George might do similar things, but only when there was something behind why they did it.
    As for pranks that the twins would do in their first year. I think that they might stick to simple things like exploding Dung Bombs, setting off a firecracker or two, locking Mrs. Norris up somewhere, any other things that they could find in a joke shop that already existed. As they grew, they started to invent more on their own. They would also sneak around at night a lot, I think. They had a lot of knowledge about the school grounds and the castle and I don't think that they got all of it during the daytime. At one point, they also said that Lee probably found a passage out that they found in their first week at school.

leahsm2
    Well. . . there was that small matter of the twins trying to get a pre-Hogwarts Ron to swear to an Unbreakable Vow, but younger siblings can be a trial

Seriously, though the twins try all sorts of strange concoctions on younger students so I'd hold off on sizing them for halos!

My point being that they are extremely curious and may not be quite as nice as they are giving credit for being!

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    Originally posted by Evester
    Whereas MWPP did all the pranks on Snape because they didn't like him. They didn't start a joke business. I feel that they were more arrogant and all. So their style would be a bit more ruthless, I feel. But not too mean, they aren't Death Eaters, after all.
    I have to disagree with the Mauraders pranks being ruthless. We have no evidence of this. What they did to Snape, I believe was more the exception than the rule. Yes, there was a comment about James hexing people in the halls just because he could, but I do not believe that the hexes were mean or to the extent they were with Snape.
    I can see the Mauraders being more like Fred and George. Perhaps a bit more on the hexing, and a little less on the canary creams type stuff, but defiantly not mean and ruthless. Unless it concerned Snape. And that came from James' hatred of Snape.

Just my two Knuts worth
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

Rhi for HP
    My feeling is that the Weasleys are more into quick gags: Neville turning into a canary, brief thrills to make your friends laugh. I think the Marauders are more about abandonment from the rules: sneaking out at night with a werewolf, etc. I agree about Marauders with a meaner edge to them: while Harry is doing detention with Snape as punishment for Sectumsempra he reads that the Marauders did things like physically swelling people's heads. Fred and George would not do that. What the Marauders pulled with Snape especially borderlines (or is) torture, and F&G are purely about the laughs. There is the time when F&G stuffed Montag into the Vanishing Cabinet in Harry's fifth year, and then in response to Hermione's question "What if he's hurt?" say "Who cares?". Still, Montag was part of the Inquisitorial Squad and trying to unfairly dock points at the time, so that has more the feel of evening the scales than going after a few select targets in very nasty ways time after time again (Snape). Hope that helped.