Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alice Longbottom

Azhure
    There is nothing in canon stating anything about her House. It's entirely up to you.

Sorry about your Healer idea.

~~Azhure~~

Lyratearsx
    I remember reading something where Neville said both his parents were im Gryffindor, and you'd have to be pretty brave to be an Auror.

Hope I helped!

~Lyra

Third Year Hufflepuff
    Hut-on-the-Rock, The Sea
    But Tonks was in Hufflepuff and she was an auror. (http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/en...iew.cfm?id=117)

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    You idiot! Always playing the Hero!
    I think that when it comes to houses for Alice, she would be either a Gryffindor or a Hufflepuff. We know that Frank was a Gryffindor, and Neville took after him in that respect. Alice was an Auror just like her husband, so she could have well been in Gryffindor with him. And if both his parents were in Gryffindor, it would offer all the more for him to need to live up to in the eyes of his Grandmother.

But I almost like the idea of Alice being in Hufflepuff instead. It's possible to be brave and still be a Hufflepuff (look at Tonks and Cedric), and Neville does have a few Hufflepuff qualities to him. I'd like to think they come from somewhere.

Besides, I feel like Gryffindor is over-represented in the stories, so I'd like to see Alice in Hufflepuff for the simple sake of variety.

Brand New Story!

Banner by lullaby_BANG. Completely awesome avi came from here!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    I'm putting her in Hufflepuff unless I can find incontravertable proof that she's a Gryffindor. Have discarded the Healer idea-Thanks.

One final question - Do we know anything about her side of the family. For instance are Nevilles relations all Longbottoms?
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I don't known anything canon about Alice's reletives, so I would assume you have free reign over them in that asspect. I do know that the Longbottoms are distantly related to the Blacks (Harfang Longbottom was married to Callidora Black), so I would have Alice as having any relation to the Black family.

Hypathia made a good point earily in the thread.
    While any pure-blood family will fit with canon, I always liked the idea of Alice's maiden name being Prince, making Neville a relation of Severus's. I liked the idea that it would add to why Snape was so cruel to Neville; both their mothers were pure-blood Princes but Neville was accorded the status that Snape always wanted.
    This might make for an interesting point on Neville's family tree. The Princes were a pureblood family, and we know how closely related pureblood wizard families are. Snape's mother was not the only Prince, so he has to have reletives somewhere.

Brand New Story!

My brand new trailer for Snape Didn't Die by thegirllikeme to serve as a constant source of inspiration whilst I write!

Wizengamot Hufflepuff
    Kill the Spare
    Yes I read that earlier and think it's brilliant (surname Prince) However I've decided I can't want to steal the idea but have gone with another Pure blood and death eater name.

Alice Longbottom now seems to be taking over my Marauder story!
    I'm a BARMAID. I write. I drabble. I duel. I poet. I'm a BADGER!!!

Banner by minnabird

Wizengamot Ravenclaw
    I just found a wonderful clue for Alice's family one Harry Potter Wiki. Now that the Lexicon is down, I find myself looking elsewhere for my information.

J. K. Rowling's notebook lists show Alice Longbottom as a Prewett by birth, but how closely she may be related to Molly and her brothers is not known.
    Well, I suppose we know have a fairly good idea for what Alice's maiden name was. Too bad. I was becoming rather fond of the idea of her as a Prince. But as we all know, J.K.'s word is gospel.

Brand New Story!

lupins_girl2006
    In a few stories, I've read that Alice's last name is Gordon. I actually really like that last name for her. It, in my opinion, flows so much better then Alice Prewett, Alice Gordon that is.

~Allie

AnonymousMarauder
    I'm sure that I read an interview with Rowling where she stated that Alice's maiden name is Johnson or Prewett, but she didn't have her notes so she couldn't specify which. I've read a few fanfics where Alice's last name was Hinton.
    Hufflepuff seems a natural house for Alice in my mind, but I've got nothing to support it.