Thread: Helena Ravenclaw's death: A mystery to me

fading

Helena Ravenclaw's death: A mystery to me

I'm planning on writing a story that circles around Helena Ravenclaw and the night of her death. There are a few things I'm not sure about, however, and unfortunately I don't own a Deathly Hollows book to re-read the chapter where Harry confronts the Grey Lady.

One of my questions about her story is, was the Bloody Baron an old suitor or he did have a crush on her and she simply rejected him?

Also, how old was she when it happened? (I suppose this also means, how old is her ghost?) 20's? 30's? Younger even?

In general, I'm not sure how specific the conversation between her and Harry gets as well, and I simply don't want to go against the book. If someone does own it, and could clarify that briefly it would be wonderful.

I doubt the Grey Lady gets so specific that she's re-telling the dialog between her and the Bloody Baron but if that is the case, please let me know and thank-you for answering my questions.

~Beauty Fades

The Canon Queen Hufflepuff
    Unspeakable
    Hermione Couldn’t Possibly Be In Two Places At Once
    The quote from the Grey Lady referring to The Bloody Baron is:

"... She sent a man who had long loved me, though I spurned his advances, to find me. She knew that he would not rest until he had done so."
    Basically she tells Harry about stealing the Diadem from her mother, her mother falling ill and sending the Bloody Baron after her, hiding the Diadem, and the Baron killing her then himself.

Lexicon refers to The Baron as Helena's estranged fiance.

I can not find any specific ages for Helena or the Baron. I would think she would probably have been mid-twenties. I get the image the Baron was older though, mid-thirties or forties.
    I have no basis for this of course as nothing is written in canon about their ages.

The timeline when this happened is just listed at circa 1000. So, you would have to decide how old Rowena was when she gave birth to Helena, and how old Rovena was when she died, thereby giving you an age for Helena.

Sorry, I couldn't be more help.
    Terri Black (as in Mrs Sirius {aka Padfoot} Black)
    Hufflepuff Head of House

fading
    Oh, no not at all! You were a lot of help. I'm very happy to hear that they were once engaged rather than him simply having an unreturned yearning for her since it gives me more to work with. Thanks ever so much!

~Beauty